Apex Credit Management - Advice Needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I received a letter today from the lovely people at Apex Credit Mgmnt.

They are threatening to come to my home as i have an outstanding debt with home learning for 1200 quid. If i do not pay this debt then they will proceed with legal action blah blah blah.

I called them and told them if anyone turns up at my house the only thing they will receive will be a kick in the nuts! the guy on the phone told me that if no payment is received then i will receive a CCJ and will incur legal fees.

now, i have read other threads and all say i can send them a letter requesting to see the credit agreement and if this is not produced then then the debt becomes void etc. When i mentioned this to him over the phone he advised that they wouldnt have the agreement, Home learning would. However, Apex have taken over the debt. This is confusing me!?

Does Apex have to produce the agreement to me? and if they do, will i have to pay the debt in full?

Cheers!

Apex will have to produce the original agreement under CPR rules if they proceed to court - something which you should also highlight if that was to happen.

However as with alot of these DCA, they do tend to use legal action as a tool to intimidate people into paying up - often on accounts which are in dispute.

Think the thing is to familiarise yourself with the issues surrounding your account - I would be very tempted to send off a CCA (s78 Consumer Credit Act request) to them if they own the account now, or send it to the creditor who's behalf they are calling you on.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.