Unfair mortgage arrangement fee!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have ME/CFS and have had to move 200 miles from my home town to get the hospital treatment that I need after asking the locak NHS for help for over 6 months. I have not worked for 10 months and I am claiming ESA benefit.

After 5 months I have reluctantly had to rent my house out and now The Halifax want to charge me £999 for the privilage.

I have asked them what this charge is for and three different people in The Halifax say three different things.

1. To protect them against the risk of me not paying the mortgage which is only £113 per month and 1/3 of the net rent.

2. A guarantee for the funds. This will only guarantee them the funds if I do not pay the mortgage for 9 months, what would happen after that?

3. Arrangement fee. I asked them what they are doing for this money and they cannot tell me.

The mortgage endowment pays the mortgage off in 9 weeks and they still want the £999.

The £999 is a figure plucked out of the sky and does not represent a guarantee, is not calculated after evaluating the risk to them and would pay an administrator's salary for a month to organise.

This is pure greed.

Any ideas as to what I should do folks?

Thanks

HighAndWild.