Help!! Debit card stolen Halifax being extremely unhelpful!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had my debit card stolen a couple of weeks ago, in a London club. When I realised the next morning that the card was missing, I rang the Halifax immediately, which is when I found out that someone had withdrawn £300 from an ATM and then spent £630 in a clothes shop in Essex.

After speaking to the police about it, I found that this had also happened to someone else in the same club on the same night, and that there is a crime called "shoulder surfing" where part of a gang watch you at the bar to get your pin number and then another one follows you around until the opportunity to pickpocket (or in my case take the card from my bag).

The Halifax have said that as I didn't take due care with my pin number, that they will not reimburse me. I am literally at my wits end, £930 is a hell of a lot of money and I haven't been able to meet this months mortgage payment because of this. I have appealed and got the same response, so now have to go to the FOS to take it further.

Has anyone else suffered this kind of crime and did you eventually get your money back?

It is so unfair that I have done nothing and yet I am now suffering because of this.

Thanks in advance