HBOS not obliged to supply records held if they dnt form a filing system...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys just wanted to find out what you make of this.... basidcally sent of for SAR to halifax for a number of accounts I hold with them, they wrote back to me saying they need to know exctly what I want even though I used the SAR template letter from this site... also they state that they are not obliged to supply records held i paper fromat if they do notform a relevant filing system.... are they correct in saying this? I was under the impression that they must supply me with absolutlry anything they hold about me...?

Hi guys just wanted to find out what you make of this.... basidcally sent of for SAR to halifax for a number of accounts I hold with them, they wrote back to me saying they need to know exctly what I want even though I used the SAR template letter from this site... also they state that they are not obliged to supply records held i paper fromat if they do notform a relevant filing system.... are they correct in saying this? I was under the impression that they must supply me with absolutlry anything they hold about me...?

The short answer is yes they are correct according to the ICO if the document doesnt belong to a relevant paper filing system. The banks usually send this when you have been a customer for a large amount of years as obviously the data could be massive, they will obviously not want to send that out in the case that a template letter was sent but the customer only wants statements etc.

I would write back in your own writing taking the bits of data you require from them out of the template letter and see what they reply with.

S.

Thnk u guys....... I do want every bit of infothey hold on me including statements PPI credit agreements DNs etc, so will edit the SAR to say specifially what it is I require, hopefully they should respond with the required info if not i shall be going to the ICO...x

Coul someonme please let me know if the below edited version opf th template letter is specific enough for CCA's, Bank account statements and any charges added to my bank account also charges applied to credit card account PPI applied to any accounts and how much I have paid towards them, DNs Termination Notcies and NOAs....

• The original signed, executed credit agreements and any terms and conditions that applied to the accounts at the time the accounts were opened, for the two loan accounts and credit card account.
  • True copies of any notice of assignments and default notices or enforcement notice that you sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold, for all of the above accounts.
  • Documents relating to any insurance added to the accounts, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, dates they were added, also statements of amounts that I have paid towards the insurance contracts to date.
  • Specific details of the fees/charges levied by you or any other agency in respect of these accounts and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.
  • Copies of statement for the entire duration of the accounts mentioned above.
  • A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed...

Thanks guys x

Write back and complain under their official complaints procedure, this then is dealt with by a different department.

State that to satisfy your complaint you require either the copies of CCA , default notice ect held on file or conformation they do not have copies

I have used this and got conformation that they don't have the copy on file once you got that then it can be used in the appropriate way...plus they or the DCA) are processing data without being able to prove they hold your authorisation so you can use this to try and get the default removed as well

Live Life-Debt Free