Treacles' Dad vs Kensington

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Hi folks,has anybody had any success in finding out why there is an arrears charge of on average £50.00 per month. Surely this is pure and utter legalised robbery and an unjust way of making money off of people that have got financial difficulties! Can this be claimed back using the normal processes?

Thanks T.D.

Hi treacles dad.

I have written on many occasions to them asking for justification of the £50 arrears fee. Just keep getting standard T&C reference.

Have asked for a breakdown but they just avoid the question or just ignore the letter.

This time though, I have sent my payment by cheque and written the query on the back of it so if they cash it, they cant deny receiving it.

Will let you know how I get on.

Might be an idea for you to keep writing to them and hopefully they will get fed up and respond.

Buzz.

Im going to attempt to claim these back. Although, im a little unsure wether I will be successfull. I received lots of notes on my account (although, it all seemed to be telephone notes from calls made from/to) with my SAR, which may be justification of how much work they had to do on my account for the arrears.

Hoping I get somewhere though, I incurred £150 worth.

I have incurred a £54 fee for being one month behind, i missed payment by two days and they flatly refused to help with the charges. Additionally I have incurred two returnedd DD fees of £31, which they claim is exactly what they are charged from the bank. Can anyone shed light on this last point?

So in total, I have incurred £116 for this situation! Thats over 1/4 my total monthly mortgage payment.

o---------------------------------------------------

Barclaycard & Barclays Bank Done! :whoo:

The journey back to a decent credit file is much longer than the path it took to ruin it!

Kensington's charges are indeed barbaric in addition to being unlawful. They are recoverable. You might want to be a little cautious if they are your current lender. Unlike the bank accounts they can not indiscriminately call in your mortgage but could get nasty in the future if you do get into further difficulties. You have up to 12 years to claim charges on mortgages. It may be better to waiting until you've changed lender and then persue them.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an offer from Kensington on my arrears charge, turned it down because they wanted confidentialty, so am now waiting for a court date.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.’ Edmund Burke

Total unlawfully taken £3247 (NatWest)

Data Protection Act Sent 05/05/06

Full Response Received 15/06/06

Prelim. Sent 16/06/06

LBA Sent 30/06/06

MOL claim Started 26/07/06

Defence and CPR18 received 26/08/06

AQ Sent 15/09/06

Cobbets Offer Half 18/09/06

Offer Rejected 19/09/06

Court orders Stay 26/09/06

objection sent 29/09/06

Mission Accomplished 9/10/06 :-D

Total unlawfully taken £650 (Kensington)

Offer received 17/08/06 rejected.

Defence received 26/08/06

Court orders Stay 18/09/06

Objection Sent 23/09/06

Kensington offered to pay back my arrears charges but with confidentialy - I said no to the confidentialy so they entered a defence, now am just waiting for a court date.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.’ Edmund Burke

Total unlawfully taken £3247 (NatWest)

Data Protection Act Sent 05/05/06

Full Response Received 15/06/06

Prelim. Sent 16/06/06

LBA Sent 30/06/06

Defence and CPR18 received 26/08/06

AQ Sent 15/09/06

Cobbets Offer Half 18/09/06

Offer Rejected 19/09/06

Court orders Stay 26/09/06

objection sent 29/09/06

Mission Accomplished 9/10/06 :-D

Total unlawfully taken £650 (Kensington)

Offer received 17/08/06 rejected.

Defence received 26/08/06

Court orders Stay 18/09/06

Objection Sent 23/09/06

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, sent off my SAR to the sub standard so-called mortgage company. thanks to this forum i have just realised that Kensington charged me £1837.74 ERC with various other charges of £411.00. i had 3 months to go until my 3 year deal was up, some profit they made......Mortgage was only £321.00 p.m. Anyone else had the same kind of ERC??? anyone else had any ERC returned from Kensington? let me know??

Cheers T.D.:)

Mine was 2 yrs into a 4yr deal (2.25% above base rate!) and was £2035, with IGroup, I'm really scared, I seem to be the one most advanced against them, gulp!

Sam

I'm a Foolish person

IGroup ERC £1928.64 Ist letter sent 12/9

LBA sent 26/9

Moneyclaim input 13/10

Claim acknowledged 6/11

Received fob off letter 11/11

AQs sent back, IGroup request multitrack and hearing