• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Capital 1 CCa request

Dotty50
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dotty,

Just looked at my Apollo sheets and nothing appears on it, possibly becasue they have the ProphIt system to keep that info on. From what I gather, the Apollo is a more detailed record of the account rather than the payment history.

If you really want to confuse the poor dears :), work out the charges at the contractual interest rate they were charging at the time. That will give you three sets of charges. Don't use Statutory Interest yet(keep that for court-if it ever gets there).

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks again, Pinky I will get a letter prepared.

Hi Silverfox, as Pinky says, they should have a log of the rates for the duration so I will be requesting that, amongst other things, like my written request for PPI!

This, strangely enough, was not enclosed with SAR! :shock:

Oh DD, they would have been very welcome to reveal themselves! (I don't mean in a 'mac' sense!) :shock:

Right back to more serious matters, any comments/additions to this letter I have prepared to send to them?

Debitarse and Power2Contact and the TWO door knockers seem to have gone away! Should this be mentioned or kept for another complaint letter?

last 'Official Complaint' sent on 5th January, guess they are still working on another stitch up, sorry suitable response.

:(

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST FURTHER INFO REQ - JAN 10 with deletions.doc

Oh DD, they would have been very welcome to reveal themselves! (I don't mean in a 'mac' sense!) :shock:

Right back to more serious matters, any comments/additions to this letter I have prepared to send to them?

Debitarse and Power2Contact and the TWO door knockers seem to have gone away! Should this be mentioned or kept for another complaint letter?

last 'Official Complaint' sent on 5th January, guess they are still working on another stitch up, sorry suitable response.

:(

looks good- i take it they have sent the comms logs?

Hi DD,

Comms log - I assume is communications?

Well they sent screen shots, which show all/some of the daily calls, no reply, set for next day etc. Silverfox very kindly pointed me to their Apollo system which shows more info apparently, hence my request.

Should I therefore request 'comms log' as well?

Thanks as well Flooz, all encouragement/support greatly appreciated. :)

Hi DD,

Comms log - I assume is communications?

Well they sent screen shots, which show all/some of the daily calls, no reply, set for next day etc. Silverfox very kindly pointed me to their Apollo system which shows more info apparently, hence my request.

Should I therefore request 'comms log' as well?

Thanks as well Flooz, all encouragement/support greatly appreciated. :)

i would yes- you should be able to see all manual interventionsm when they occurred when the dn ws issued etc - they can be quite enlightening

@puter? Computer, is that @ for Apple?

Yes 6 hours does it for me too, so guess I better get moving!

I have posted before about this site being addictive, I read such a lot of threads and posts and am so thankful for finding CAG, it has kept me sane the last few months (and I used to be in the industry, so I know how things used to work!) Although I worked for a reputable company (at the time) now sadly taken over.

Call centres were our downfall, closing the branch structure, where you had experienced people and sympathetic people if you had problems, local phone numbers, no press button 1,2,3,4,5,..............100!

Felt like a bit of a rant, sorry. Bit like the Manchester Test cases! lol

Letter ready to go in post tomorrow, added request for comms log also asked them, if they can't or won't supply the further information, then they must explain why.

Had a response to my complaint, enclosed another copy of the 'Application' previously supplied and a 'Credit Agreement', don't think I have had that one before, will post it on here tomorrow all being well.

Hi Dot. You had any joy with a f & f with Crap1?

Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooce's success's so far:

Capital One - 15% f & f saving £4,250

Barclaycard - 25% f & f saving £12,000

Blackhorse - reduced loan settlement saving £1,605

Cahoot - 15% f & f saving £2,740

MBNA - 20% f & f saving £26,800

Lloyds TSB 28% f & f saving £7,377

Total written off to date: £54,772!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No not on this one Brooce,

I am looking to claim back PPI & charges, which by the time I have added the contractual interest on, will be more than the balance!

Just waiting for them to come back to me with confirmation of the interest from the start.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Power2 contact response received today, not seen one of these on other threads goes like this:-

Thank you for correspondence in relation to our visit to................

I can confirm that P2C acts as a third party...........Debitas etc.

To date we have no knowledge of any outstanding dispute with Debitas (well that's because it is with Crap1!) however the account has been returned to Debitas and further action would only happen at the request of Debitas.

P2C offers a door step collection service blah blah...........This is simply another option available to our customers to assist them in repaying their debts. In relation to field visits in subsection 2.12 of the OFT guidelines doorstep visits must give adequate notice of the time and date of visit.

The Armstrong Sheppard (1959) you quote is dependant on each individual circumstance and only such order to refuse access can come from a Court and not from an individual.

In relation to your request under section 10 of the DPA this section only applies where there is not a legitimate reason for holding this information, as your account was referred to us by Debitas for contact we have a legitimate reason for holding this information and there for will be unable to comply with your request at present.

Lastly, should you wish to escalate blah blah.......6months.......I have enclosed a copy of our Company Complaints Procedure Leaflet for you information.

/I]

No date or time was given for 2 visits, their previous letter stated that 'If you fail to contact Debitas within 3 working days of receipt of this letter, we will instruct one of our Contact Managers to visit etc' - Shot themselves in the foot there then!

Didn't enclose the Leaflet either! :rolleyes:

YADDA YADDA YADDA, BLAH BLAH BLAH- Usual rubbish.

Another one for Trading Standards and the OFT.

Bunch of muppets.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I can only think that maybe the telephone operators are dealing with my letter for further information requested to my SAR instead of calling!

Nothing so far today either, just checked my records and all the calls this month up to the 11th were from the number ending 1993, which I think may be the Debitas dept.