• Tweets

• It is not as simple as you seem to suggest. 1. My wife needed the car and there are no local public transport facilities within 2 miles. 2 Neither of us has the technical expertise to change a battery. 3 Not only does the battery itself have to be appropriate for stop/start technology; but also, according to the handbook, has to be registered with Mini by a recognised agent, which I am not, neither is Big Motoring World. 4 The car had to be towed. Where was I going to have it towed to where I could be sure it would be properly dealt with? I couldn't trust Big Motoring World to do it. I couldn't have it towed to just any garage and be sure they had the right battery and the time to fit it. 5 The high sum involved is mainly for the diagnostic test which Big Motoring World asked me to obtain; and they did not initially raise any objection to the car being taken to the nearest main dealer. I would not have got the diagnostic test, if they had not asked for one. So, I understand where you are coming from, but having ignored requests for reimbursement, what else could I have done to recover my lay out?
    • Thank you FTMDave.  I'm happy to make your suggested changes.  I'll wait a day or 2 to see if any of the team have any other suggestions or feedback.  Do I then just email a copies to both UKPC and the court? Lookinforinfo - Unfortunately I am not sure if the signs have since been changed and cannot recall seeing any on the night as it was dark.   
    • The US confirmed it revoked licences allowing the export of some goods to Chinese tech giant.View the full article
    • I can't imagine that EVRi will want a judgement against them on this and based on this argument. I reckon you have a better than 90% chance that they will try to reach out to you before the trial date. They know that what they are doing is thoroughly wrong and dishonest and contrary to law. They are following this thread, of course – and they've already seen this witness statement. I imagine that they are scrabbling around trying to understand how they can extricate this without using too much face. I suppose they will make an offer to you which is a few quid short of your claim in order to say that they were justified in being stupid. Hold out for every penny. It's your money and you deserve it. It's not their money and they don't deserve it
    • New paragraph 47 – If you insert that – and move everything else down then I think you are good to go. Well done on going through the mill on this but it looks pretty good
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

capquest stat demand for old SkyCard Debt? *** WON + COSTS ***

trumpetmaest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

I had a c card and I ended up defaulting on it. I went to CCCS and they set up a debt management plan for me just over 12 months ago.

I have been making my payments. However, I got a letter out of the blue from Cap Quest DCA telling me that they had bought the debt. The amount they quoted I owed was higher than the debt was before I started the DMP. Over £8800.

After looking at this forum I have now sent Cap quest a CCA request using one of the templates.

Today have just got a letter from skycard telling me they have sold my debt.

My question are;

Can I pursue skycard to reclaim the 'charges' and other adjustments they have added?

If so, how do I do it?

What should my next action with Cap Quest be?

Thanks

I had a c card and I ended up defaulting on it. I went to CCCS and they set up a debt management plan for me just over 12 months ago.

I have been making my payments. However, I got a letter out of the blue from Cap Quest DCA telling me that they had bought the debt. The amount they quoted I owed was higher than the debt was before I started the DMP. The amount they say I owe is just over £8800 which is £1000 more than it was a year ago.

After looking at this forum I have now sent Cap quest a CCA request using one of the templates.

Today have just got a letter from skycard telling me they have sold my debt.

My question are;

Can I pursue skycard to reclaim the 'charges' and other adjustments they have added?

If so, how do I do it?

What should my next action with Cap Quest be?

Thanks

if skycard put sonme unlawfull charges on your credit card yes you can reclaiming them bu ti will be carefull there as you said the ammount between skycard and your DCA are different. if i was you i will CCA the DCA asking for a statement of affair and a deed of assignment. However, iff you pursue this you will admit that you owed this ammount of money if i were you i will wait a bit and see what they come up with your CCA and yur deed of assignment ? did you receive a default notice also from skycard?

skycard may have sold the debt but they still have to provide your CCA as you have requested it .

if you wan to pursue them then if you don't how much exactly and what typeof charge then iadvise that you SAR them in order toknow exactly how much they have charge you.

i hope this help

• Haha 1

If you have CCAd CapQuest then just sit & wait as they will be in default of CCA regs once 12 working days has passed & no CCA. This means they shouldn't pursue you until they have complied with your request.

In theory, even if you are in a DMP creditors can continue to add interest & charges to your account although obviously part of CCCS role is to try to negotiate this with them. You probably can't do anything about the interest if it's correct ( should be able to check this on your original agreement ), but if there are any possibly illegal charges on there you can try to reclaim them.

If CapQuest do manage to comply with CCA & your balance turns out to be correct ( bit of a stretch I know but it has been known to happen ), just refer CapQuest to CCCS as CCCS are your appointed 3rd party. Under OFT debt collection guidance rules CapQuest should not be refusing to deal with an appointed 3rd party ie they should leave you alone.

Good luck & keep us posted:)

Thanks for your comments. However I informed CCCS that I had received a letter from CapQuest and they said they would transfer to them.

Should CCCS pay them or should I ask them to hold it?

I have sent a request for CCA by recorded delivery.

I have now just received a letter from skycard stating... we have sold your debt to cap quest blah blah blah. This arrived 5 days after cap quest started phoning!

What should I do with Skycard aka Barclaycard? SAR?

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a letter today dated 20th November stating that further to my communications they will accept payments of £38 per month from me.

I can only assume that the CCCS who manage my DMP have contacted them.

I sent them a request for CCA recorded on 1st Nov and I have not had anything back.

Should I write to them? what should I say?

Should I contact the CCCS and ask them not to pay capquest.

Capquest are asking £2000 more than the original debt with Skycard.

Should I send a SAR to Skycard (Barclaycard)?

Can anyone advise

Just got this email back from cccs:

Dear

The only contact we have with your creditors is making payments and also issuing financial statements,

If you have requested a copy of your original credit agreement and also a break down in charges and they haven't replied I would advise you get in touch with the financial ombudsman on 0845 0801800 or access there website on

Financial Ombudsman Service

They should be able to advise you on the correct legal proceedings

I hope this helps

Please keep us informed with what happens

Regards

Support Counsellor

Can anyone advise what I should now do please.

• 2 months later...

Update.

I got a copy of my credit agreement sent to me by capquest.

I contacted cccs who manage my dmp and they confirmed that they had transfered my payments from monument to capquest.

On Friday I received a letter from Capquests solicitors stating that as I had not paid capquest any payments they now were going to pursue me for the total debt

I then started getting phone calls form capquest NON STOP!

I have checked with the CCCS and they have paid them evey month.

Can anyone advise what I should do?

A-with capquest who have added a lot more to the amount owed.

B-with skycard who have sold my debt

:???:

is it only an application form?

i had sky card that went to crapquest and all the threats that goes with it, cca'd them and never heard anything since 8 months ago that is. i know fact that it only application form nothing more

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

crapquest tried dumping interest and stuff on mine i told em point blank i aint paying it. have you thought about dumping cccs, usually a lot of these debts are unenforcable in court, if so you can concentrate on the ones that are enforcable and tell the ones that aint to take long walk off a short pier :D

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Abbey charges, Won

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

the idea is sorry, to put YOU in control not the debt collectors, if you have few debt through cccs i'd cca all creditcards and alike, you might be suprised at the outcome

Abbey charges, Won