ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree. I have also had a letter last week demanding £300 for one song which they claim I downloaded 6 months ago. For now should I just ignore the letter and hope it goes away

harbs, consensus here is you do reply with a letter of denial, as it is, unfortunately, a legimate letter you have received

i was going to post a letter off already got it written, but i have contacted my mp. she has taken the matter up in contacting the authoraties and will be dealing with it on my behalf.. maybe could be a good course of action. if we get more mp to handle it this injustice might stop

I recieved a letter dated 3/06/10 regarding the download of "evacuate the dancefloor" on 21/08/09.

ACS law are looking for £295 within the 21 day period to settle the matter.

looking at previous posts it would appear that if i was to pay even though i didnt download the song/ album then the likely hood is that i would then continue to recieve letters at later dates looking for further compensation for other items that have been downloaded via my IP address.

Regarding the LOD. There is a web site called www.beingthreatened.com which has a letter that you can use as a template and has other advice which seems pretty helpful.

I have spoken with SKY who have on my account that they recieved a request for my details due to these proceedings. (date 14/04/10). have SKY been duped or has this been legally obtained?

Even if SKY has been told that they must give out your details, why have they not notified you that there is a problem with your account. When I contacted SKY when I received my first letter in April they denied any acknowledgement of a court order. I even contacted the legal department, which got me know where. Well I have just sent off my second letter of denial today. Now I am just waiting for my third letter from them, as I do not think that,that will be the last that I hear from them. But you never know.

Now I am just waiting for my third letter from them, as I do not think that,that will be the last that I hear from them. But you never know.

You have made your point, (Twice), if they come back again just ignore them.

David

You have made your point, (Twice), if they come back again just ignore them.

David

Yeah, I agree there will be know further correspondence from me I have made that clear in the letter. Do not want to get into letter ping pong with them, I have wasted enough of my time initially on worrying about this whole thing.:)

Help!... I got my first letter from ACS LAW, must have reached my door almost a month ago, and have not writen or compose my LOD yet, I recieved it abit late. due to a holiday or more than likely been abit confused about it :confused:. and clearly passed my 21 period date ..

.I think its the date when it arrived by post, and not the date on top of the letter

After tooth combing through these posts, it seems to be a must to write a Letter of denial.

Would it effect my First LOD if it was late a two or so weeks late from the 21 period or

am i in trouble .

anyway I am not paying either way... Court or no court because

i didn't do it ....:(

Edited by MothBall88

Just write and send your LOD off straight away, then like the rest of us wait and see what happens. It is likely that they will write to you again, asking for double the amount. Like they have done with the majority of victims on this site.

Would it effect my First LOD if it was late a two or so weeks late from the 21 period or

am i in trouble .

In answer to your question - no.

Sending an LOD is indeed considered the thing to do. However despite their upbeat website, ASC have yet to provide any evidence that they have taken anyone (who made it plain they would defend) to court, let alone won a case.

I wouldn't suggest it but I'm pretty certain even if you wrote 'F*** off, I will see you in court' the result would be the same.

David

Thank you! Zero thats a piece of mind...:)

Somehow i compose it by using the templates as guides

By royal mail say. and not an email.. Maybe sent the LOD recorded deliverly...

Glad to join everyone who posts here... ... :D

Hmmm, apparently Cascada had a No 1 with this on July 5th, even tho my letter states the "work" was released on the 17th July. Now I'm really confused. Is there another track with the same name i'm confusing this with. Or did bill, ben and little weed (the rights owners - and "joint owners") not have anything to do with the actual single release that got to no. 1?

Thank you! Zero thats a piece of mind...:)

Somehow i compose it by using the templates as guides

By royal mail say. and not an email.. Maybe sent the LOD recorded deliverly...

Glad to join everyone who posts here... ... :D

Always send any correspondence to ACS Law via recorded delivery, so that you have proof that it has been sent and that they have received it. We are not dealing with genuine people.:)

Hopefully this is more bad exposure for this disgraceful firm. With bad publicity, they might think twice about continuing. Like other firms that have worked in this area and then stopped. Though I do not think that Crossley and his associates have any sort of conscience, so it will probably go straight other their heads.

I agree -

My interpretation of the proposed code, and in particular the following parts;

3.2, 4.4, 5.6 and 7.5

is that it will effectively end the ACS:Law business model as it currently stands. It seems that the whole copyright infringement "business" will be cleaned up -

• Copyright owners will be able deal directly with ISPs.
  • Allegations of copyright infringement will have to be evidentially robust and accurate, and proven to be so.
  • The process of matching IP addresses to subscribers will have to be proved to be accurate.
  • Provisions for grounds of appeal on which a subscriber may rely.

The sooner this comes in. the better.

I agree but there is still one major stumbling block - "The process of matching IP addresses to subscribers will have to be proved to be accurate". Wireless connections can be compromised ie: unsecured network or hacking for example. How can any "process" be completely accurate in these circumstances. Moreover, how can an innocent person whose IP address has been identified as a copyright infringer prove otherwise.

Even if SKY has been told that they must give out your details, why have they not notified you that there is a problem with your account. When I contacted SKY when I received my first letter in April they denied any acknowledgement of a court order. I even contacted the legal department, which got me know where. Well I have just sent off my second letter of denial today. Now I am just waiting for my third letter from them, as I do not think that,that will be the last that I hear from them. But you never know.

Oh Sky, BskyB, Easynet. Which one art thou? All p*****g in the same pot of no information.

IP adresses are harvested and ISP's identified. ISP's are contacted and informed of the intention of applying to the court for the details of IP address (Norwich Pharmacal Order), and if they will oppose the application. The court order is then obtained and ISP provides the details.

Of course Sky knew (or at least someome knew, depending on which department you got through to).

Did you get referred to "coenquiries" - the all new fully automated Sky information service that advises you to "contact ACS Law". (Yeah did that!) They are a complete and utter waste of time and offer no help whatsoever If you push them they will tell you when they recieved the court order. (but you already knew that because you have a copy too!)

What they wont tell you is when they were first notified, of course, because that would have been helpful.

.......Oh by the way, we (Sky) have noticed that your downloads have gone over the monthly allowance, again, so we are automatically upgrading you to our "unlimited " package so that you can carry on.... there's nothing to worry about. The increase in your monthly subscription will automatically be applied.

I am no longer with Sky Broadband

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks