ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And another interesting snippet when you combine it with the screenshot someone posted earlier when he put his software requirements out to 'tender'

Written by Administrator Saturday, 01 May 2010 22:53 Terence Tsang, a key founding member of our file sharing litigation team has moved on to pastures new and all of us at ACS Law Solicitors wish him every success in his future endeavours. Terence joined ACS Law Solicitors from Davenport Lyons in May 2009 and proved invaluable to the setting up and running of the file sharing litigation team.

Meanwhile ACS Law continues to expand both in staff numbers and clients. More copyrighted works are being added to our catalogue of monitored work, and the practice is actively and successfully combating illegal file sharing of its clients' copyrights.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And another interesting snippet when you combine it with the screenshot someone posted earlier when he put his software requirements out to 'tender'

Written by Administrator Saturday, 01 May 2010 22:53 Terence Tsang, a key founding member of our file sharing litigation team has moved on to pastures new and all of us at ACS Law Solicitors wish him every success in his future endeavours. Terence joined ACS Law Solicitors from Davenport Lyons in May 2009 and proved invaluable to the setting up and running of the file sharing litigation team.

Meanwhile ACS Law continues to expand both in staff numbers and clients. More copyrighted works are being added to our catalogue of monitored work, and the practice is actively and successfully combating illegal file sharing of its clients' copyrights.

We've heard it all before. Expansion of staff numbers, moving to new offices, litigation soon, etc, etc. I guess if ACS say it enough, they may actually believe it themselves. The FACT is that if they had won a case in Court, we'd know about it.

:D

Advice needed pls. Got 1st letter, replied with LOD, got 2nd letter today, refers to my previous correspondence re infringment of copyright. They note my reply matches a template response on internet, with this in mind they are disinclined to accept at face value what i have said, as it is simply a generic response. Their original offer of compromise is now withdrawn and have instructions from their client to pursue this matter against me further! the cost has now doubled too. pls help.....

Advice needed pls. Got 1st letter, replied with LOD, got 2nd letter today, refers to my previous correspondence re infringment of copyright. They note my reply matches a template response on internet, with this in mind they are disinclined to accept at face value what i have said, as it is simply a generic response. Their original offer of compromise is now withdrawn and have instructions from their client to pursue this matter against me further! the cost has now doubled too. pls help.....

Don't worry! Nearly all of us got the same response over a year ago. Then they sent another with a lower cost after then one that told me I needed to pay in 7 days or I'd be taken to court then I heard nothing from them.

I sent a simple response saying that I didn't do it and made that point clear in my previous correspondence.

They're using scare tactics

So, you've used your intelligence, searched the internet and used a template? ACS don't write an original response to all they write to with regards to the thousands they've mailshot.

It's another scare tactic. As long as you've got all the relevant facts stated denying their claim and stating why then you are covered. If you'd gone to solicitor, they would have used a company standard template and ACS would have been scared off.

It sounds to me that ACS are getting more desperate as they know the game is up.

I'd send in a complaint to the SRA if I was you and approach Watchdog and your local MP.

This response in my opinion borders on intimidation.

Scooby

OK thanks for reply. This is like letter writing table tennis!

If you haven't done so you are strongly advised to take independent legal advice. ACS Law are solicitors. You can normally get a free 1/2 hour with a local solicitor. Citizens Advice Bureau is also free of charge.

One thing you don't do though it ignore this latest letter.

Yes I noticed that as well Scooby but also that TT names is not mentioned in the area on who to contact regarding IP.

Hopefully they will put some reins on him as they look quite a big solicitors and therefore wont want their name dragging through the mud. Also TT is also only a 'trainee solicitor', so in other words can do b*gger all ! if he tries to go about his business the way he did at ACS and DL then they are in for a kicking!!!

Is is my bad memory of did ACS previously state that TT was nothing to do with them? I know they did for DL but quite obviously picked up where they left off....

Yorky.

He's leaving quite a messy trail behind him! I wish the SRA would jump all over these cowboys but alas I think they are dragging their heels. To think of all those innocent people they have upset, frightened, etc with their malicious campaign is downright evil. The word 'karma' springs to mind.........

Yes I noticed that as well Scooby but also that TT names is not mentioned in the area on who to contact regarding IP.

Hopefully they will put some reins on him as they look quite a big solicitors and therefore wont want their name dragging through the mud. Also TT is also only a 'trainee solicitor', so in other words can do b*gger all ! if he tries to go about his business the way he did at ACS and DL then they are in for a kicking!!!

Is is my bad memory of did ACS previously state that TT was nothing to do with them? I know they did for DL but quite obviously picked up where they left off....

Yorky.

Well Yorky they've taken Him for some reason. Reading between the lines it's for His experience within filesharing, but the lack of mention of ACS means they maybe are unlikely to enter into a mailshot campaign.

ACS's reputation is tainted within the media and with TBI's recent retraction to save face, I can't see anyone else of standing entering the arena at this time.

ACS are small fry in legal circles and with only one solicitor can make thousands before the game is up. They can then return to everyday revenue streams for less gain.

Reputation is a big thing within the law circles and if it's harmed within a big firm, will take years to recover, if at all. Most big firms have different areas of expertise and will not allow one area to affect the others, no matter what the revenue stream.

He's leaving quite a messy trail behind him! I wish the SRA would jump all over these cowboys but alas I think they are dragging their heels. To think of all those innocent people they have upset, frightened, etc with their malicious campaign is downright evil. The word 'karma' springs to mind.........

As with anything to do with law it takes time. The SRA knows the Country is watching and Solicitors themselves also know the law.

They will make sure they are 100% right before they do anything.

You're spot on there Scooby. There's no way a decent law firm will allow it's name to be sullied by one area of it's field. Like you say it may take years, if at all, to recover. DL will forever be remembered for what they did. Difference with acs law is it's a tiny fish in a huge pond so doesn't care about reputation only generating as much revenue as possible.I bet Mr Crossley thinks he hit the jackpot. Pity really.

Guys,

Let's not make it too personal please. Whilst it detracts from the main aim, it's also not good. Even people like Terence deserve their dignity.

Just my opinion.

HHmm..I'd beg to differ, he and (ex) ACS cohorts have put themselves in the spotlight with their horrible underhand tactics by trying to extort money from innocent people. I don't think my comments are any different from comments made by (for example) Rouge Traders on BBC, who uncover scamsters and embaress and humillate them.

Lets face it the CAG is full of ****takes of Debt Collectors, I don't really think that ACS law deserve any more respect than them.

Just my tuppence worth.

Andy

You're spot on there Scooby. There's no way a decent law firm will allow it's name to be sullied by one area of it's field. Like you say it may take years, if at all, to recover. DL will forever be remembered for what they did. Difference with acs law is it's a tiny fish in a huge pond so doesn't care about reputation only generating as much revenue as possible.I bet Mr Crossley thinks he hit the jackpot. Pity really.

Excellent point, the name of Davenport Lyons is sullied forvever, much like Ratners was a few years back. :)

Andy

Guys,

Let's not make it too personal please. Whilst it detracts from the main aim, it's also not good. Even people like Terence deserve their dignity.

Just my opinion.

Unfortunatley for them when Crossley and Tsang started ther deceptive practices they left their dignity at home. They are now fair game, just like the DCAs and shouldnt be surprised if people now treat them with the contempt they have brought upon themselves!

Well, it's been three weeks since I sent ACS Law my letter denying their allegtations. Still have not heard anything back.

Communications with the SRA and the Law Society have been productive, also Which and Watchdog taking a keen interest.

There have been calls to contact members of parliment, now we have a new Government, on the slyck fourm. I might just do that...

Well, it's been three weeks since I sent ACS Law my letter denying their allegtations. Still have not heard anything back.

Communications with the SRA and the Law Society have been productive, also Which and Watchdog taking a keen interest.

There have been calls to contact members of parliment, now we have a new Government, on the slyck fourm. I might just do that...

DONT FORGET OSBORNE AND MANDELLSON ARE IN THE SAME CLUB OF FREINDS :Cry:

Evening all. I'd received one of these ACS:LAW letters quite recently and was pretty concerned, shocked and worried, had never heard of the alleged film. Did some searching on the net and having read through the posts here and on Being Threatened, I feel I've calmed down now.. Some great advice and direction on here that's put my mind at ease, thanks to everyone.. Am going to send them the LoD just as the 21 days end and see what happens next. Will also do as suggested and go to the SRA and the Law Society also.

Edited by stutt
spelling

Hi good morning.. A quick update and could do with any suggestions please.. Spoke to my ISP this morning, apparently I do have a static IP address.. I still deny their claim in the ACS:law letter but this has now got me thinking again.. I certainly didn't download the named file, this apparent incident took place 7 months ago. Any suggestions, should I consider a solicitor..? Thanks.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks