Mortgage Mediation Service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone ever heard of these people? MORTGAGE MEDIATION SERVICE

Back in November 2008 I received a letter (incorrectly addressed to me) stating that I owe them money for their services stating that they are surprised and shocked that despite reminders they have not received their monies and if I didnt pay by end of December 08 they would take action to recover funds. I immediately tried to ring them - the telephone number on the letter head is crossed through and when you ring its disconnected. I tried to access their website and it went to a site that offers various companies to assist with your money problems but still not contact details and no specific website for them. Then I emailed them asking them to clarify who they are and what they think I owe them. The email bounced back undeliverable. I was still none the wiser so i put the letter to one side and almost forgot about it until last week when I received another letter (still incorrectly addressed) chasing outstanding funds. They have offered me three options:-

1) Settle in 30 days

2) pay by monthly installments or

3) instruct them to recover unfair charges etc ... I will need to sign an authority confirming that their account may be paid out of any monies recovered.

They do now have a website under constructions. They have issued a mobile number for a "Collection Representative" who will be happy to take my details and they operate from a PO box address.

Can anyone tell me who they are? what they are?

For information I did speak to a chap some 2 years ago to discuss a loan that I had fallen into arrerars with. He said I would only be liable for charges if they went on to act for me. THEY DIDNT and I thought no more of it. I dont recall his name and cant find any information about them as I did not go on to use them.

I am really confused and very concerend. Any information/advise would be greatly recieved.

Thx

Is it these?

Mortgage Mediation Service

P.O Box 3002,

Aldridge,

Walsall,

West Midlands

WS9 9YJ

Tel: 01543 374231

If it is send them this,

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

**Edit to suit**

Remember, don’t sign the letter.

yes thats them. they have never mentioned how much they are expecting me to pay or what it is about - I have never contacted anyone about my mortgage only my secured loan. do you think it might be connected to the chap I spoke to ?? but never took any further action with? in which case are they able to keep chasing me?

do you think it might be connected to the chap I spoke to ?? but never took any further action with? in which case are they able to keep chasing me?

If you have no agreement they would find it difficult to prove you owed a debt to them.

also they have my address wrong, I note that I should not sign the letter, should I correct them as far as my address goes?
That's up to you, but I would suppose they would have to have a correct address otherwise you might not get their reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok have received response. First off I had a call from a lady who said she had my file in front of her and that they had attended court with me. I explained that although I recalled speaking to someone for advice I had attended court on my own. I had submitted all my papers by myself.

She said that they had written to me numerous times and sent me an invoice. I have not received anything prior to the November letter of last year. I explained this to her. She said she would go back to the office and discuss and come back to me.

The next day I received a letter telling me that :-

"the debt relates to work undertaken in September 2007 ..... for the record you contacted us by email 10 September 2007. We discussed the situation with you at the telephone on the same day and a course of action was agreed. This we confirmed ot you in writing. We are confident that we will be able to evidence the debt should the need arise."

They also say that "if you look closer at the OFT guidelines you will find no reference to any offence being occasioned mereby by pursing an account for settlement".

I telephoned the lady on Thursday of last week and explained again, I recall speaking to someone on the telephone and reiterated that he told me if he didnt attend court there would be no charge.

I still have no idea how much they say I owe as she wont tell me.

I explained that had I known there would be a bil lcoming I would have kept the necessary notes I had taken of the calls I had made, but since I didnt use them in court I destroyed my notes after I had paid off the arrears 6 months later.

I have to say I am really concerned. Can anyone help me here please?