Royal Mail Hit My Car - And Failed To Stop!!!!

andie_303
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ask (in writing not phone) Sheila's Wheels for a written explanation why you are been asked to pay an additional premium when you had disclosed ALL material facts at time of proposal.

At the same time emphasise that this CLAIM made by you was not a claim it was a notification of involvement in an accident and no claim was made against you or by you, and as such you would like a written explanation as to why they are penalising you for it subsequent to inception.

When you have their response post back

Mossy

Edited by Mossycat

Andie - Mossy is trying to help. I think the question asked was reasonable and quite clear. Insurance is frustrating to many and understood properly by fewer still.

Some questions may seem daft or irrelevant at face value but slight differences can mean a lot :)

I appreciate that Gyzmo but on the same hand I had also been very clear about what I was asked and what I declared etc and the "pay attention" and "clear enough for you now" just got my back up.

There was no disrepect intended from my part - If I didn't want help I wouldn't have asked but I also thought I had been perfectly clear in what I was asking and what my issue was.

Perhaps not and I will make sure I make more sense in the future

• 2 weeks later...
I was asked what CLAIMS have I had in the last 3 years

Andie, people are actually trying to be nice to you here and help!

Personally, I have never had (caused) an ACCIDENT, but I have had a CLAIM; last year, like in your case, I was hit from behind. other driver admitted full liability and paid for the damage, but it still counts as a CLAIM, as I made the claim from his insurance.

Royal mail would have paid this through their insurance, so it still counts as a claim, and needs to be mentioned to the insurance company, even though it wasn't your fault.

Apparently those of us who have been involved (but not at fault) in an accident are apparently a higher risk :rolleyes:

I appreciate when people are trying to help gadget girl - as I also help many people on here but sometimes you get talked to in such a way it gets your back up.

Anyway I was reimbursed direct from Royal Mail via a company cheque not an insurance company so therefore there was no claim either on my insurance or theirs.

In the end when I put all the details in a car insurance search site I found a cheaper quote anyway and just to double check I rang them and asked them whetherI needed to declare this they said no as again they only go on claims not accidents and there was no claim.

I have asked Sheila Wheels for a refund on the grounds that I gave them all the information they asked for at the time so will see what happens with that but at least I am now insured and saved some money.

Anyway I was reimbursed direct from Royal Mail via a company cheque not an insurance company so therefore there was no claim either on my insurance or theirs.

It could well be that the Royal Mail are 'self-insurers', some big Companies are, whether the cheque came from an Inusrance Comapny or direct from the third party it doesn't alter the fact that you had an ACCIDENT and made a CLAIM.

Mossy

Actually that's not correct. A non fault accident does need to be disclosed, but if full costs are recovered, then it should not affect your rate at all. Churchill will have disclosed there was an accident, but they will not have said that the loss was recovered. It's not really about where the fault lies, it's about whether any money was paid out or whether there was the potential for it. As the Royal Mail paid you direct, on first glance from the insurance co.s point of view, it may still be outstanding issue as they won't have documentation for this.

As for your £60, I would ring and make a big fuss, 9 times out of ten they will give you the fee back, although the 14 day cooling off period is not operable in this case, because the policy is appropriate for you, it is not a money back gaurantee.

It is a requirement of insurance contracts, and a principle contained therein of utmost good faith, that you notify an insurer of any incidents which could give rise to liability. That includes notifying the insurer of any previous incidents regardless of fault, whether a claim was made or if so, settled.