LINK CCA response - is it enforceable?

CAGNewbie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

Sometime ago, I sent Link a CCA request, which they refused, and then i sent a dispute letter on the 10th February 2009. Yesterday I received the attached documents - a letter and what looks like an application form (although it is signed by me and creditor).

Is this enforceable? Have they complied with my request now?

All opinions very gratefully recevied - with many thanks,

CAGNewbie

i can't make out all the stuff at the bottom corner does it have:

B Repayments

A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following-

(a) Number of repayments;

(b) Amount of repayments;

© Frequency and timing of repayments;

(d) Dates of repayments;

(e) The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.

C Rate of interest

A term stating the rate of interest to be applied to the credit issued under the agreement

D Credit limit

This may be a term or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Link are at it again - that looks like an application form.

No credit limit

Interest rates 2.13%pm APR 28% paid by DD

2.26% pm APR 30% pm paid any other way.

Have they bought the debt or are they acting on behal of the creditors?

Any default notice?

Have you any other correspondance from them?

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Thanks for the comments so far!

No, no credit limit given just that "We will determine your credit limit from time to time and give you notice of it"

I think they have bought the debt but not sure - they sent a letter headed "sale of your debt" and carried on to say that GE had assigned to them the benefit of the debt owed.

They have also kindly informed me that I have incurred a trace charge of £75, but other than letters asking for payment now and specimen signatures, have had no notice of defaults or anything (not to say that they haven't done that anyway). I attach here all the correspondence between Link and myself in date order so you can see what I mean!

I also have not received the requested statement of account etc etc that I asked for.

Do I write and say "oi, still not complied" or have they done enough now? Personally I think they are still trying it on a bit, although the fact they produced signed application form and the tone of their last letter makes it look like they might have full file, just being difficult and trying to ignore my CCA request as haven't sent them the 6 specimen signatures they wanted!

Thats exactly what I got from the plonkers.

I sent a SAR letter to GE and enclosed my £10 PO and I've still not heard anything from GE. I continued to make payments to GE which they took - they never passed the payments on to the plonkers from what I make out.

Plonkers took me to court - never got a hearing at court - judge just struck it out - they had 7 days to respond - not done so - now it stays struck out according to the girl at the courts.

Have you checked your CRs I suggest you do just to check.

I now think we need someone with a bit more knowledge to know what letter to send next. I have a look around in a bit when I get back and see what letters we can send next.

DONT SEND ANY SAMPLE SIGNATURES - the plonkers have ways and means of copying and pasting just like we can.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

A lot of dca's donlt send statment of accounts but should. If you need all this info you would need to send GE a sar.

I am not sure on the CL as it it says it will be determined

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)