style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have received, like many others in this forum, a letter from a bailiff stating a magistrates liability order/distress warrant for council tax.

The bailiff visited me in December and requested I pay £120 of my debt within a few days. Unfortunately I let him in to talk about this. I did not sign anything, and gave him just my phone number to collect payment.

The day came when he said he'd call and I didn't hear from him. The next day I left him a voicemail saying I had the money should he want to come and collect. I didn't hear anything back until last week when I got the hand-delivered note.

It says:

I will re-attend your address at my convenience and may remove goods even in your absence.

Is this the case? I realise I have made a big mistake letting him in in the first place, but like I said, nothing was signed and only a phone number was exchanged. I am worried he will come back and try to force entry. Can he do this?

:confused:

I have received, like many others in this forum, a letter from a bailiff stating a magistrates liability order/distress warrant for council tax.

The bailiff visited me in December and requested I pay £120 of my debt within a few days. Unfortunately I let him in to talk about this. I did not sign anything, and gave him just my phone number to collect payment.

How was that supposed to work? How were you supposed to make the payment?

The day came when he said he'd call and I didn't hear from him. The next day I left him a voicemail saying I had the money should he want to come and collect. I didn't hear anything back until last week

Last week eh? Hmm, that means he didn't call back for nearly four months. Sounds like he abandoned the levy.

I will re-attend your address at my convenience and may remove goods even in your absence.

No he can't.

I realise I have made a big mistake letting him in in the first place, but like I said, nothing was signed and only a phone number was exchanged.

LOL you won't do that again I'll bet!

At this point if I were in your position, I would behave as if he hadn't been in at all.

He probably knows he's abandoned the levy, and has sent that letter to freak you out, in the hope you'll let him in again.

Don't let him in, Don't talk to him on the phone, only write/email to his firm.

Keep all doors and windows locked, park any vehicles away from the house.

FINAL NOTICE

I must now give you 24 hours statutory notice of my intentions to recall and remove your effects, sufficient to satisfy the debts and costs.

To keep costs to a minimum, I ask that you contact me to arrange a time suitable for us to be allowed access to your premises.

Should you wish to avoid this distressing course of action, and the resulting costs incurred, please contact me immediately on (phone number included) to arrange full payment of your outstanding debt.

At the bottom of the note he handwrote:

*I may remove goods in your absence.

*Removal date 24/04/09

You must write/email to their office and tell them that they will not gain peaceful access to your property whether you are in or out.