Help Please with Cabot & Lowell Portfolio

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I've had a good look over the site and it seems the advice given is to post up details of your specific issue and see what you guys recommend...

So here goes..

I have two default notices on my credit file - one from Cabot and one from Lowell portfolio.

I have sent the letter to both asking for a true copy of the original credit agreement. (hope this was the correct thing to do)

Cabot have responded saying they will contact the original lender to source, although they are not legally obligated to do so. Lowell have yet to respond (letter sent 2 weeks ago).

Any advice on next steps/how the hell I deal with these people would be much appreciated!

Many thanks.

WB.

The creditors have 12+2 working days excluding holidays to respond, after that if they have not sent to you a proper and enforcable CCA, then you can stop payment, has Cabot put the account on hold ? if so then stop the payments. If Lowell do not reply after the time limit, then send them the follow up letter and stop paying them. If at any time they were to come up with a valid copy of a CCA then the account would become enforcable, that is if they have sent to you a letter of assignment when they purchased the debt.

Thanks for that. If they cannot supply a valid CCA, is there a way I can remove the default notice?

Im not sure as ive never tried to remove a default, it should be possible, i would like to hear from other caggers on this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Cabot have now responded saying there is a delay in getting the required docs from their client and they have 'put my account on hold as a courtesy'

Very kind considering they have no proof of any debt!

Anybody know what my best next step is? Should I perhaps post this elsewhere?

Cheers!

not much as this stage, give them a little more time to hang themselves,

in the meantime have a read over this re defaults

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/111211-defaults-background-removal-methods.html

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 weeks later...

Well it seems they've got their house in order after all... Signed Credit agreement arrived today (albeit a long time after it was requested.)

Has anyone succesfully appealed a pre-2007 credit agreement?

Well it seems they've got their house in order after all... Signed Credit agreement arrived today (albeit a long time after it was requested.)

Has anyone succesfully appealed a pre-2007 credit agreement?

Scan the agreement on here so we can look at it and see if it is enforcable or not.

too small can you upload to photobucket or tiny pic and then repost?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)