Halifax Current Account Charges.. and I want em BACK!! :-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone, this is my first post to this forum but i've a feeling it wont be the last!! hehe

I've been a customer of Halifax Bank for seven years now and it's a current account. Over the past year or two i've lost count of how many charges i have incurred. These have each been for direct debit's being returned mainly and each time have been £39.

I need to know what my first move is, i dont really have the money for the small claims kit but am more than motivated in doing things myself.. with your kind support of course.. so the floodgates are open guys.. advise away. I'm able to check this forum all day n night so I will be as quick as humanly possible keeping things moving.

Thanks in advance.

Ok, i'm going through those steps.

First hurdle, I already phoned my bank and i'm now waitin on them to call me back to let me know whether i'll be charged for receiving my charges list. I simply asked them for my information they told me i had nine charges.. easy enough.. but to provide written proof they "may" be a charge. I'm pretty sure of what the answers gonna be.. but its bought me a bit of time..

I'm at the stage of the letter about Data protection. that link takes me to a search screen, what am i searching for ???

Data Protection Commissioner as the address of the Data Controller:-

doesnt help me.. am i looking for the address of my banks something or other?

No, i phoned them up, requesting the information, they were able to confirm over the phone that i had nine charges. They said someone would be calling me back to confirm my request and notify me of any charge..

Thanks Clayt for that address.. i'll be sure to make that my first move if they dont get back to me today.

On another point, i had a HSBC student account, that got rinsed with charges and i ended up paying over 2000 back to them. the account was closed and handed over to debt collectors, i then settled through them. is it still possible to claim off them??

On another point, i had a HSBC student account, that got rinsed with charges and i ended up paying over 2000 back to them. the account was closed and handed over to debt collectors, i then settled through them. is it still possible to claim off them??

Yes...as long as the charges are not more then 6 years old. :)

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Proceedings issued....and acknowledged. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Counting down to the 21st....[/SIZE][/FONT] [URL="http://thebighub.co.uk"]http://thebighub.co.uk[/URL]

No, i phoned them up, requesting the information, they were able to confirm over the phone that i had nine charges. They said someone would be calling me back to confirm my request and notify me of any charge..

Thanks Clayt for that address.. i'll be sure to make that my first move if they dont get back to me today.

When you receive the list of charges ensure it covers six year period. Halifax try to fob people off with just the last two years or so because it requires a bit more effort to retrieve record solder

Regarding the closed student account you can still reclaim the charges in exactly the same way as long as you have your old account number to refer to. You then use the amount you recover to clear the debt

17/5/06 - Halifax -preliminary letter sent

31/5/06 - Halifax - LBA sent

15/6/06 - claim filed

6/7/06 - SETTLED IN FULL £3,306 + £859.95 interest

13/7/06 - Abbey Credit Card - Data Protection Act letter

10/8/06 - Abbey CC Rec £150 gwj £192 oust.

13/8/06 - Abbey CC - prelim letter sent

28/8/06 - Abbey CC - LBA

18/9/06 - Abbey CC - Settled in full - £200 paid