welcome

rach8736
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi my wife took a secured loan with welcome,sept 2008 they raised the payments from £321 to£416 per month.i told them we couldnt afford it,they threatened legal action.i told the lady i would happily go to court as they were bordering on extortion,couple of days letter they phoned to say they could reduce the payments by rewriting the same loan.at this time we didnt realise they couldve cancelled the ppi and reduced the repayment.anyway they rewrote the loan with lower repayments an no ppi.though the total repayable has increased and the length of time has increased,this was never stated to us.have they done anything wrong,maybe miss sold her the loan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice i've been using welcome finance for secured loans for a few years the first one was done via correspondance and all went ok with the exception of being told without insurance i wouldn't recieve the loan so obviously i had to take the insurance.

About a year later my personal circumstances meant i had to enquire about topping up my loanthey requestd i attend my local branch to do this - i attended the local branch and i was told i was getting a "top-up" but they actually re-wrote the loan increasing the amount and the period over which it was taken, unfortunately i was in a position where i just had to do it.

At the end of last year the interest rate increased so much so that i couldn't afford my monthly payments anymore (from £316 to £421 a month), I contacted the branch and told them this was unaffordable. One of their representatives then turned up on my doorstep looking for payment - my partner and I then explained that i couldn't afford these payments yet again !!! But she informed me they would have to take legal action which could result in repossession of my property, I said I was happy for them to take me to court as i believed they were verging on extortion.

A couple of days later she phoned to inform me they could reduce the payments by re-writing the existing loan at the origional interest rates without the ppi, I would have to attend the office with a payment of £221 to get this done. I attended the office with this payment (the first of the re-written loan) the advisor I had been dealing with wasn't in even though she had an appointment with me - another office girl who knew nothing about the reason for my visit the put me in a tiny office and proceeded to run in and out for approximately an hour and a half with bit's of paper for me to sign - some of them were post dated documents. I know have a loan over double the origional length of time costing me scary amounts.

Any input would be gratefully recieved