LloydsTSB Mgt Fees

SimpleMethodology
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

I am about to pursue LLoyds TSB for charges, can someone tell me what the situation is and starting procedure?

Can I go back any further than 6 years?

And can I make a special appeal beyond 6 years as I will explain.

In 2001 i was declared Bankrupt by a business finance company, and one of LLoyds stipulations was that they close (freeze) your account until the period of time is served. Whilst i had no problem with that, they froze the account with nearly £2000 of personal earning from my employer.

I returned to the bank 3 years later to regain control over my account to find that they had in fact charged me the monthly management fee for the duration even though there was no managing to do as the account was frozen.

Really sad, but unfortunately true.

Where do I start, what do I need and how do I get it?

Would appreciate any thoughts if possible.

Thanks

Darren

H SM and welcome to CAG.

I've moved your post into your own thread.

The charges you seek to recover are different from the ones most are currently reclaiming, which are personal bank a/c or credit card a/c charges.

So you cannot rely on the legislation and case law which most people here are using.

I'd suggest you take your complaint to LTSB Head Office with a brief outline of what has happened, why you feel aggrieved and how you want the matter resolved.

Do you have anything in writing to confirm that no charges or interest would be charged to the a/c.

How much, approx, has this cost you.

A problem may be that you would have discovered this in, I assume, 2004.

If you are only challenging this now, the bank will likely seek the protection of the Limitations Act 1980 and only consider anything within the last 6 years.

You may counter this using s.32 of the Act, if you feel they have misled or decieved you, so you have only NOW realised they were not authorised to make these management charges.

Have you approached the bank about this yet - if so, how have they responded.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)