Finance U Ltd Car Repossession letter received **Round 1 WON... Ding, ding... Round 2 now on**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to move the case to my local court again, and work on my poc, they will be different than last time.

we will acknowledge in 10 days time

ill handle the defense and counter claim, it will be my pleasure

ime going to hang,draw and quarter him this time in court

Indeed

invalid default notice can be remedied, the harrison judgement takes care of that

but i take your point on non disclosure to the claimant until its in a defense

i have also had my union barrister have a quick nose on it and is in agreement

ill have confirmation in a few days

• 2 weeks later...

Ive now done a draft defense for you to send to the court

do you want me to email it to you by atachment

do you want me to post up the draft defense on your thread

regards

remember

we will still have witness statements to do as well later on

IN THE XXXXX COUNTY COURT

CLAIM NUMBER: XXXXX

DATED THURSDAY 07 JULY 2011

BETWEEN:

CLAIMANT

DAVID MICHAEL EVANS

-AND-

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DEFENDANT

DEFENSE

1. I, MR XXXXXX OF XXX XXX XXXXX WITH MY WIFE A MRS XXXXXJOXXX ARE THE DEFENDANTS IN THIS ACTION.

2. I MAKE THIS STATEMENT IN SUPPORT OF MY DEFENSE TO DISMISS THIS PETITION.

3. THE DEFENDANT ADMITS THAT THEY ENTERED INTO A FIXED SUM LOAN AGREEMENT WITH THE CLAIMANT AND NOT A CREDIT AGREEMENT AS STATED IN THE CLAIMANTS PARTICULARS OF CLAIM ON THE 27TH JANUARY 2007.

4. ON THE 07/01/2009, THE CLAIMANT REPOSSESSED THE VEHICLE IT ALLEGED WAS SECURED BY WAY OF A BILL OF SALE AGREEMENT SIGNED ON THE 27/01/2007.

5. THE FIXED SUM LOAN AGREEMENT WAS DEFAULTED ON THE 29/01/2008 AND SUBSEQUENTLY A TERMINATION NOTICE WAS SENT TO THE DEFENDANT.

6. THE DEFENDANT THEN RECEIVED A CLAIM FORM OUT OF CARDIFF COUNTY COURT.

7. THE DEFENDANT STATED THAT THE DEFAULT NOTICED SUBMITTED FAILED TO COMPLY WITH THE CONSUMER CREDIT (ENFORCEMENT,DEFAULT AND TERMINATION REGULATIONS 1983 (SI 1983/1561)

8. THE CLAIMANT SUBSEQUENTLY WITHDREW HIS ACTION BY WAY OF AN N279 NOTICE RECEIVED ON THE 20/10/2009

9. THE DEFENDANT THEN RECEIVED ON THE 07/12/2009 AN ENFORCEMENT NOTICE SERVED UNDER SECTION 76 (1) OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 STATING THAT THE DEFENDANT HAD SOLD OR DISPOSED OF THE VEHICLE (SEE EXHIBIT 1) DEMANDING FULL PAYMENT BY THE 24/12/2009

10. THE CLAIMANT THEN SENT THE DEFENDANT A DEFAULT NOTICE SERVED UNDER S.87 (1) OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 DEMANDING THE FULL OUTSTANDING BALANCE, NOT THE CURRENT ARREARS, REFERENCING THE NOTICE SERVED ON THE 7/12/2009.

11. THE DEFENDANT THEN RECEIVED A FRESH CLAIM FROM THE CLAIMANT ON THE 15/06/2011

BILL OF SALE

12. THE CLAIMANT MAINTAINS THAT THE FIXED SUM LOAN AGREEMENT WAS SECURED BY WAY OF A BILL OF SALE SIGNED ON THE 27/01/2007 AND REGISTERED ON THE 02/02/2007

13. THE CLAIMANT STATES THAT THE BILL OF SALE MENTIONED IN THE PARTICULARS OF CLAIM ARE COMPLIANT WITH THE 1882 BILL OF SALES ACT.

14. THE DEFENDANT CONTENDS THAT THE BILL OF SALE QUOTED IN THE PERTICULARS OF CLAIM IS INVALID AS IT FAILS TO FOLLOW THE CORRECT LEGISLATON AND THE DEFENDANTS INVOKES THE TERM VERBATIM (word for word) WHICH MUST CONTAIN ALL THE PRESCRIBED TERMS IN THE 1882 ACT.

The statutory requirements for a bill of sale to be valid.

1. The bill of sale must be in the correct form and contain the prescribed information contained in the 1882 act.

2. The bill of sale must be registered.

If either requirement is not met, the bill of sale is void

It will be rendered void if it does not contain:

• The date of the bill
  • The names and address of the parties
  • A statement of Consideration
  • An acknowledgement of the receipt of the advance
  • An assignment by way of security of particular goods, capable of description
  • Statements of the sum secured, the rate of interest and the instalments by which repayments are made,
  • Agreed terms for the maintenance of security
  • A clause limiting the grounds of seizure to one of the following:
    • Default with the repayments or any covenant of the bill
    • Bankruptcy or seizure of the goods for rent, rates, or taxes.
    • If the granter fraudulently removes goods, or arranges for their removal
    • If execution has been levied against the goods

[*]A schedule containing a description of the chattels

[*]Execution (signature) by the granter (borrower)

[*]A statement in the form of the 1882 act

[*]Attestation by a witness not a party to the bill

[*]Registration

STATEMENT IN THE FORM OF THE 1882 ACT

Section 9.SCHEDULE Form of Bill of Sale This Indenture made the day of , between A.B. of of the one part, and C.D. of of the other part, witnessed that in consideration of the sum of £ now paid to A.B. by C.D., the receipt of which the said A.B. hereby acknowledges [or whatever else the consideration may be], he the said A.B. doth hereby assign unto C.D., his executors, administrators, and assigns, all and singular the several chattels and things specifically described in the schedule hereto annexed by way of security for the payment of the sum of £ , and interest thereon at the rate of per cent. per annum [or whatever else may be the rate]. And the said A.B. doth further agree and declare that he will duly pay to the said C.D. the principal sum aforesaid, together with the interest then due, by equal payments of £ on the day of [or whatever else may be the stipulated times or time of payment]. And the said A.B. doth also agree with the said C.D. that he will [here insert terms as to insurance, payment of rent, or otherwise, which the parties may agree to for the maintenance or defeasance of the security]Provided always, that the chattels hereby assigned shall not be liable to seizure or to be taken possession of by the said C.D. for any cause other than those specified in section seven of the Bills of Sale Act (1878) Amendment Act, 1882.In witness, &c.Signed and sealed by the saidA.B. in the presence of me E.F. [add witness’ name, address, and description.].

15 THE BILL OF SALE WAS WITNESSED BY A MR BERNARD SULIVAN BEING A CLERK OF THE CLAIMANT, FINANCE U LTD

16 AN EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE OF FINANCE U LTD IS PROHIBITED UNDER THE 1882 BILL OF SALE ACT 1882 TO WITNESS THE AGREEMENT, AND INVALIDATES THE SECURITY.

17 THE BILL OF SALE IS VOID FOR NOT BEING IN THE STATUTORY FORM AND AS A CONSEQUENCE THE CREDIT AGREEMENT SECURED AGAINST IT BECOMES UNSECURED.

COUNTER CLAIM

(A) THE DEFENDANT COUNTER CLAIMS AND SEEKS AN ORDER UNDER SECTION 140 OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 TO BE RELEASED FROM ALL OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE SAID AGREEMENT DUE TO AN UNFAIR RELATIONSHIP.

(B) AN ORDER UNDER SECTION 140 OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 FOR THE RETURN OF ALL MONIES PAID DUE TO UNLAWFUL RECESSION OF CONTRACT BY THE CLAIMANT DUE TO THE REPOSSESSION ON THE ORIGINAL DEFECTIVE BILL OF SALE AND DEFAULT NOTICE, AND COMPENSATION UNDER SECTION 92 OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT FOR THE UNLAWFUL REPOSSESSION OF THE VEHICLE WITHOUT A VALID COURT ORDER OR CONSENT.

© THE DEFENDANT ALLEGES THE CLAIMANT COMMITTED AN ACT OF CONVERSION BY REPOSSESSING THE VEHICLE WITHOUT A VALID DEFAULT NOTICE COMPLIANT WITH THE DEFAULT AND TERMINATION REGULATIONS 1983 AND REQUESTS DAMAGES AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COURT.

STATEMENT OF TRUTH

I, MRS XXXXX XXX XX AND MR XXXXXX, BEING THE DEFENDANTS IN THIS PETITION, BELIEVE THE FACTS WITHIN THIS DEFENSE STATEMENT TO BE TRUE

SIGNED:

DATED: 07/07/2011

Edited by postggj

• 2 weeks later...

HI ANDY

JUST A LITTLE CONFUSED BY YOUR STATEMENT and its meaning

i take it he is pushing the claim through the system double time

please enlighten

many thanks

Edited by postggj

ill start drawing up the first witness statement then and cost as its going to be fast track

lets see if he puts the allocation fees in like last time, then withdraws

if he is looking in

this cagger is not for turning

ill see you in the court room with nowayjose

she will not be on her own

i can assure you of that

nowayjose

ill give you a hand later with the aq

STILL NO NEWS THEN NOWAYJOSE

NO DOUBT DEBATING IF HE HAS THE BALLS TO PUT IN THE AQ FEES AS ITS TWO CLAIMS AGAIN

SAME AGAIN OF £1500:lol:

SHAME THAT

WE WILL THEN START HITTING HIM WITH OUR COSTS

ARE YOU NOW READY FOR THE AQ TO SEND TO THE COURT

its polite to send a copy aq to the claimant but not compulsory

do you wish to settle at this stage, answer yes

they have complied with pre action prorocol

witness (yourself) but i will be there to answer the questions on the day (with the courts permission):-)

claim will be fast track

hearing time (three hours)

no directions yet

fee is non applicable

Edited by postggj

• 4 weeks later...

please pm details as the case quoted above is now case law

4. The Attestation Issue was framed as follows:

“Is a bill of sale rendered void under sections 8 and 10 of the Bills of Sale Act (1878) Amendment Act 1882 in circumstances where its execution by the Appellants’ customer, i.e. the grantor, is attested by the employee of the Appellants who negotiates, agrees and signs on behalf of the Appellants, the credit agreement between the customer and the Appellants?”

102. For the above reasons I would give the answer “yes” to the Attestation Issue.

the judge said yes to the above

if ime missing anothe case then please pm me the details as ime in the process of a witness statement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks