something afoot

amigaos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My lad who moved out before xmas has received a letter for me at his new address from a, as yet unknown to me dca.Concerning an account of some time ago relating to an unproven (forms filed etc) credit agreement.

The worry part of all this is that my boys girlfriend whos mother works for a county council,insisted that I contacted this dca, despite my advice to her to return the letters in the post as not at this address. The web site of said dca looked amateurish and rang some alarm bells,on contacting them the person on the other end of the phone was vague, had no details of me, requested details of my dob,previous addresses,wifes details etc to which I did not respond and put the phone down. To my amazement my lad then rang me and said his girlfriend had been talking to the same dca at the same time, who had told her that I had put the phone down. Now I smell something fishey going on here and would be grateful if anybody could inform me a way as to ascertain if this dca is legit and registered with the fsa. I have never lived at my lads address or to be honest ever known what it was.

Any comments most appreciated

The DCA should have their registration no.s both for Companies House & the FSA along with the address of their registered office on their website, if they're not you should make a complaint to your TS's, the OFT & the Information Commissioner.

You can check their details online at Companies House WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information and the FSA FSA Register