They said NO!

thebokebeast
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Ok I have got as far as being refused a refund...but I am not beaten yet!

I am owed nearly £1900.....WOW!

nationwide have suggested that if I dont like the charges i can close my account and go somewhere else!

So next step.....the small claims!

I have to say I do feel a bit less than 100% confident because I feel the charges are my fault for being so crap at handling my finances when I was student....but part of says thats what they want me to feel!

So onward I go!

wish me luck!

The boke beast! :eek:

Best of luck - not that you'll need it. You'll get your money back fine :)

Do open another account though as they will close yours.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

good luck, not that you will need it!! just follow the step by step to make sure you do everything in the right order and go and get your money back!!!

p.s. we are all pretty crap with money at some time in our lives it doesn't mean that the banks can fine us for it!!!

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

p.s. we are all pretty crap with money at some time in our lives it doesn't mean that the banks can fine us for it!!!

I actually disagree with that statement, oooeee......

some of us are crap ALL our lives :lol:

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

some of us are crap ALL our lives

i was being a bit of a goody two shoes as in the last six years i actually had a whole eight month stint with no bank charges!!!!

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

hey thanks you guys for the positive vibes!

I am in Belfast, so I will be using the small calims court in NI, I see from the forum others have used it but I have not found anyt success stories yet...do you know of any?

I am currently changing my bank account to the halifax....just as a back up!

Cheers guys...the help is much appreciated!

Damo

guys tell me this....

I have been refused payment of the money after sending a letter with the charges added up and a schedule of every charge.

But I can't find a letter in the library to send to nationwide advising them that I will be taking the matter to the small claims. There is a letter saying that I am disappointed that i have not recieved a reply....but I have recieved one saying no!

Do I need to send another later? To give them 14 days to reconsider?

Your advice would be appreciated!

many thanks

Damo

Yes - you will have sent the Preliminary Letter - now you need to send the Letter Before Action. Adjust as necessary :)

Right oh!

LBA sent. Via recorded delivery....guess I just have to wait! Have applied for a new account with the halifax in the mean time.

Will keep you posted....

Oh what i could do with that money....thailand:cool: ....australia.:smile: ..who knows....might even pay off my credit card:-o

You'll get another standard 'no' letter, just to warn you. Then you file your moneyclaim and get it all back :)

Oh yes, forgot you live in NI. It'll just add a little bit of time to it as claims submitted through court take a bit longer than if you do them online. Ah well, all the more interest for you :)

I think I am right with this....I can not do a money claim as I live in Belfast, therefore I think I have to bring this through the small claims in Northern Ireland.

Hi ya Boke Beast, Im in Derry myself and am just about to start my application form to the Small Claims Court. I was wondering if you had sent yours through or not as i do not know what name or address to use as the Respondant (as Nationwide's head office is in England and we are in Norhtern Ireland?? ) Please advise me if you know, cheers!!

Emma

Hi! I think we can apply online in Northern Ireland. Here is the website http://www.courtsni.gov.uk/en-GB/Services/Online_Services/. I have not got that far yet. Am claiming £1800+ and got the surprise of my life when Nationwide refunded me £530 after my preliminary approach letter. However, I want all my money back and so have now sent an LBA letter - awaiting their reply. Would be interested to know if anyone in Northern Ireland been successful. Elsie

• 5 weeks later...

Hi thanks for that post and info!

Am just back from a few weeks hols, refresehed and ready to post off my £62 court fee and of course my application.

the total with interest has turned into a whooping £2249.15....so i have my fingers crossed as my car blew up before my hol and i need another old banger to get me to work!

I am applying through the post, so have the form written out, photocopied (for my records) and will pop it in the post tomorrow! Just after I spend the night reading through the FAQ again incase anything has changed since I have been away.

One Question though if Dolly is listening....who is the best person to use as the respondent/ defendant (just nationwide??) or the person who has been sending the rejection letters?

Damo

HiTheBokeBeast,

What exact name and address did you put on your Court Claim Form? Just wondering as i live in Northern Ireland too and wasnt too sure as the only correspondance details i have for Nationwide are their details in England (the office the responded to my letters of complaint from!). Cheers, oh and Good Luck with the Claim!! :razz:

Emma

Hi emma,

I just used my branch address, as thats where i was sending the previous letters....and they seemed to get where they should go ok. The one on royal ave.

Just not too sure how long things will take now....but i will post any progress!

Damo

anyone know of someone in NI that has done this before and won?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have received a letter form the court, telling me that the claim has been received and they have given the N/wide about a month to respond.

Question- They have deemed the amount to be claimed as unliquidated --is this normal? i thought it would have been liquidated as the amount of the claim is fixed.

So i have now to wait on nationwide response.

d