AO Hell.... or AOL Account closure?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My girlfriend took out a 24 month agreement with AOL 18 months (ish) ago with a free laptop.

If i was with her at the time i would have told her to not bother because in my opinion AOL's software causes nothing but grief and their customer service is second to none...

She is also on a pay as you go Phone line with them ( Still paying BT line rental. The contract is up towards the end of the year and will cost £180 to cancel it early.

my question is this......

As I have taken over the payments for the broadband and the pay as you go phone bill. As long as i contiue to pay for this would she be able to sign up to another ISP ( say Sky or BT) and i can pay for the contract untill it ends, or will AOL have to 'release the line' in order for another ISP to use it??

I want her to get away from AOHell as soon as possible...... one of the reasons is that AOL once told me that my router once 'forgot' its settings lol....

Thanks in advance..

R

Any and all comments made are my sole opinion. these do not in any way reflect the opinions of any other company ether associated with myself or others. :)

Hmm, if you mean that AOL provide broadband on the one phone line, then no other ISP will be able to run an ADSL signal until AOL release the line fully. Normally, to shift, you need a MAC code which then gives the new company the authority to put their product on the line. However, BT can force the line in extreme circumstances (i.e. if you move into a line where there is a "tag" on the line from a previous ISP).

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)