holiday pay where most of my income comes from commission from selling

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I earn a poor basic salary which is increased dramatically by commission on sales I make. My basic salary is £14500 but my total pay including commission will be about £35k this year.

currently when I take holiday I am paid 1/52 of £14500 per week

My query is how much should I get for a weeks holiday pay/

Should it be 1/52 of £14500 or 1/52 of £35000?

I have not asked this question at work (of course) but wonder am I getting robbed when I take holidays?

Any thoughts?

And how should I persue this without being labelled a trouble maker?

thanks

Hi geordieboy

Your statutory holiday pay currently should be 4.8 x your normal working week, this will be based on your basic salary, IF there are no other provisions in your contract of employment. So are there any other provisions to pay more ?

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

yeah, as your bonus is not a guaranteed amount but an "extra" payment it will not be factored in in the calculation for your holiday pay, unless of course there is something in your contract of employment that states you will be paid something extra in your holiday pay (unlikely but not impossible).

for example one place i used to work at that paid sales comissions would sometimes pay what they called "fallback pay" to those who consistantly met their targets, meaning that if they were on holiday they would recieve their normal pay plus a small bonus per week. Not everywhere does this and you do not have an automatic right to it.

• Haha 1