*** No Responce ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am with the HSBC and have already had an offer within 2 months of starting the process by asking for statments. However my girlfriend is with Halifax on her current account. Two queries really, Firstly she hasn't even recieved her statments yet (Applied for on 5th June giving 40 days) Secondly where as I was claiming £550 and several of the claims I have been looking at have been around £2000, She believes (looking at a patchwork of old statments) the figure to be in the region of nearly £6000. (In order to prevent her having court costs I have advised her if it goes to money claim to think about not claiming more than £5000) HOWEVER my questions are

What does she do next if Halifax cant even be bothered to reply?

Secondly, I was cinical of getting anything back, However HSBC were quite good and a few people have made sucessful claims, However I've heard that Halifax are being a pain in the butt and takingeveryone on. Is this the case? What is the biggest amount anyone has sucessfully claimed so far of them? ?:mad:

Can anyone help? ??

Having read through the posts I feel that Halifax use lots of delaying tactics. I suggest EVERYONE with this bank sends EVERYTHING recorded.

Any answers to the questions in the thread above would be helpful.

Cheers

Hi All,

I am with the HSBC and have already had an offer within 2 months of starting the process by asking for statments. However my girlfriend is with Halifax on her current account. Two queries really, Firstly she hasn't even recieved her statments yet (Applied for on 5th June giving 40 days) Secondly where as I was claiming £550 and several of the claims I have been looking at have been around £2000, She believes (looking at a patchwork of old statments) the figure to be in the region of nearly £6000. (In order to prevent her having court costs I have advised her if it goes to money claim to think about not claiming more than £5000) HOWEVER my questions are

What does she do next if Halifax cant even be bothered to reply?

Secondly, I was cinical of getting anything back, However HSBC were quite good and a few people have made sucessful claims, However I've heard that Halifax are being a pain in the butt and takingeveryone on. Is this the case? What is the biggest amount anyone has sucessfully claimed so far of them? ?:mad:

Advise your girlfriend to claim contractual interest and split her claims (not simultaenously) to keep it under the £5k limit.

Advise your girlfriend to claim contractual interest and split her claims (not simultaenously) to keep it under the £5k limit.

Hi Goforit,

What's this and how does it work?

• 2 weeks later...

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

I have sent the above template as per previous advices and as per the template in the consumer action group and guess what...Still no response!! It was sent to complaints department in Halifax (Helen Southern) I don't know what to do next. Shall I call them? Give them further time? The difficulty is I have looked at the moneyclaim site and it looks straight forward, However as I have not recieved the statements I don't know how much I'm owed and therfore how to make a claim. The letter I sent states about getting a court order to get this information and recieve appropriate compensation, How do I go about getting this court order? can I do this online?? HELP!!!

Hi, I don't believe you can file action on line as its not a money claim, rather a claim to force them to release your statements, although you will need to include a nominal amount in the "VALUE" section, (see my post Morgan054 v Halifax,)

You fill in the N1 form as per template, I just pasted and altered to suit, take 3 copies to county court, and you will need to pay £30, I also took with me the information from the same page as regards to information commissioners comments so that they dont try to put you on the wrong track and charge you more, The court will file claim and send 1 copy back to you with details.

I also made a complaint to I.C and still waiting for response from them.

If you read my saga you will see where I stand at the moment still waiting, just hope you have better luck getting yours, but don't let my experience put you off, KEEP AT THEM