jilly vs halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I sent off for my statements and this is the 1st letter i receive back so far.

hi

Just a up date ,I decided to go for the abbey and halifax.

My 1st letter back from the halifax :

my letter :

Completion of request for a list of transactions and charges

Thank you for your letter requesting specific information on your account with us.I can confirm the copies of duplicate statements have been ordered and will be sent under seperate cover.

With regard to your request for information relating to manual intervention o your account ,HBOS plc is under no statutory obligation to record this information and therfore,I am unable to assist further with your request.

yours faithfully

Nicola inett

data protection consultant

I dont understand the second part of the letter i used the template from here .

please can someone assist me.

thanks

Hi Jilly,

This is just the standard reply from Halifax. Someone told me that the second bit means there has been no manual intervention on your account which is good

(correct me if that's not right, someone)

Just wait for your statement s and then proceed as per step by step instructions.

Good luck

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...

Just a update i have received some statements from halifax going back to the 14 sept 1995 until the 6 jan 2001 ,I have just realised these are only cardcash statements only.

I received these 1 week ago and i have had nothing since ,What shall i do??

thanks

Jill

Just a thought sprang to mind to me it looks like they have given me my 1st 6 years with halifax not last 6 years?

It is the last 6 years which they have to give me??

Shall i just wait until 40 days as passed which is on the 26/8/06 then send the non-compliance data protection act.??

please advise.thanks

Please can someone advise ,On what template i should send ,I have received some card staements 4 in total with hardly any transactions on these are dated 1995 -2001 ,It looks like they have sent my first 6 years not last 6 being 2000 - 2006 ,Do i send template 2 or template 3 ,The deadline is tomorrow !!!!

It's your choice, but the more peole that complain, the more likely they will get their act together in future.

The original statements they sent you, were they copies of statements or did they supply the info in another format? Also, when did the charges start?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

They are card cash statements dating back to when i 1st opened the bank in 1995 upto 2000.I did not use the bank as my main bank then.

What i thought they would send would be 2001 - 2006 which is the last 6 years when i used the bank as my main banking and it would be when i incurred the charges.

I sent them template letter two for non-compliance but have not heard anything as yet but they have until Thursday 7th september to answer.

So shall i just wait and see.

thanks

jill

Update

I received a letter today :

Dear sir/madam

Completition of request for a list of transactions and charges.......

Thank you for your letter requesting specific information on your account with us.I can confirm that copies of duplicate statements have been ordered and will be sent under seperate cover.

With regard to your request for information relating to manual interventions on your account HBOS is under no statutory obligation to record this information and therefore.I am unable to assist further with your account.

Should you have any general account queries ,please contact us.

N.J.Inett

This is the same letter i got at the 1st stage and nothing ever came then so what shall i do,.

I am right in thinking they have to send last 6 years statements (2000-2006),Which they have not...Please can someone help me into what i should do now!!!!!!!!!

thanks

See the templates library for letters re: DPA non-compliance. Choose the one that suits the current situation.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

hi

Jonni2bad

I have already done the non-compliance i used template 2.The letter above is what they sent me on the 7 days notice form the non-compliance warning.The letter is the same as the 1st letter they sent when i done the data protection act but they still have not sent statemnets for the last six years.

If they dont come by the end of week should i phone them to see where they are and state dates i require???

regards

If, at the expiry of the timescale in your Non-Compliance letter, you've still not received them and they are now in excess of 40 days, start a court action to force them.

Just in case, before you do this, phone their legal team and let them know you will be starting court action - would they like to resolve the matter immediately? etc etc.

See contact details in this forum for the number (legal services)