• Tweets

• I have just read the smaller print on their signs. It says that you can pay at the end of your parking session. given that you have ten minutes grace period the 35 seconds could easily have been taken up with walking back to your car, switching on the engine and then driving out. Even in my younger days when I used to regularly exceed speed limits, I doubt I could have done that in 35 seconds even when I  had a TR5.
    • Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Im in a mess advise please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would love to post the letter how do i do it? I have a scanner in work but how would i get it onto this site?

I have now sent my CCA's just need to know when is day one of 12+2 and also do i still keep paying my token payments while i am waiting to hear back?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, bankruptcy is not your only option.

If you own any assets, such as a vehicle etc, these will be sold to pay back the debts you owe in bankruptcy. If you own a property, this will be sold too, which as above, you need for your family. Bankruptcy is an option for all, but has many disadvantages. Although your debts are written off after 12 months, the official receiver in bankruptcy can ask you to pay into an income payment order for a further 3 years before discharged, and it is on your credit rating for 6 years. However, it is issued in your local newspaper and held on the government register, and can affect your chances of getting future credit, tenancies, mortgages and can affect your career.

For a DMP, you would need at least £75-£100 surplus. I have been paying into Payplans DMP for the past year now. You could pay into this arrangement each month until your debt is cleared. The only downside to the DMP is that the creditors can still charge interest as it is not legally binding.

Based on you having in the region of £21,000 debt, an IVA could be an option for you, especially if you have at least £100 surplus. Upon approval of the IVA, you would make monthly payments for 5 years, and your debts would be written off at the end of this. It is held on your credit rating for 6 years, but does not carry half the stigma as bankruptcy does.

I wish you all the best. Payplan have free of charge DMPs and IVAs, and CCCS also provide free DMPs.

Thanks

Open an account with Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket scan the document in to it and load it to the forum from there. Have a go, if it's a problem we can talk you through it. Keep paying, it puts you in a good light and the deadline will be 26 March (I've used a working week, it always looks good if you have been as reasonable as you can)

Edited by tendogs
too many words !!!

I do very little but I do it very, very well :cool:

If I've helped give my scales a click

:smile:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

you need to send of cca to each of them at least this will give you some space.

All should be covered by the cca, what dates do they originate from?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Yes i do have the documentation for the PPI. Ok my scanner in work is a scanner to email, which isnt going to do what i want it to, what about if i take a photo of the letter and then post it? Got to go to work in a minute will have to do this when i get home i can then show you the letter and the PPI doc, by the way i reread the letter it doesnt say its against the law sorry i read it wrong, it says that to record phone calls i have to let them know first or it will not stand in a court of law.

The "will not stand up in court" is also not correct but never mind. Don't get too anxious about posting the documents, you can try taking a picture and we'll see what happens, but we'll get it sorted. Have a good day.

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have an update, on my CCA's that i sent, I have had one back today from Littlewoods and they have said that "unfortunately we are unable to locate a copy of an excuted agreement, but for your information we enclose a copy of the current agreement which applied to this type of account, this version includes all contractual variations which have taken place"

The agreement that they have sent is a blank agreement just as they state, does not even have my name or address on it and is just a general agreement, does this mean it is unenforcable? if so what is my next letter to send?

Thanks

No agreement = not enforcable, I'll try and find you a letter to send them and get back to you later.

By the way, they might come across a copy the agreement later and, if they do, they can enforce it.

Hi tendogs, thanks for replying, and a letter to send would be great.

Re them finding an agreement at a later date is fine, im hoping by then my situation gets better and if it does happen i will be able to start paying again.

Thanks again :wink:

Right, the loan with the PPI, do you have any documentation regarding the insurance?

Oh and tendogs is there anything i can do with this as i do have the documentation regarding the insurence?

Hi WAM, not yet, will get on to it this pm, speak to you soon

Hi WAM

Sorry I'm so late but it has been ONE of those days !!! Have a look at this:-

Address

Date

Dear sir/madam

Thank you for your response to my request under the Consumer Credit Act section 78.

As you must realise this agreement does not conform to sections 60(1) and 61(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and would therefore only be enforceable by a court under s65. However, the absence of any (prescribed terms / signature) means that a court would be prevented from enforcing it under s127 (3).

Unless you can produce a copy of an executable agreement within 21 days I will consider that the above account is now closed and that you will not pursue the alleged debt.

Yours faithfully

OK now we need to look at the PPI, I'll speak to you about it over the weekend but you might want to have a look on this forum. Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - The Consumer Forums Speak to you soon

Hi Tendogs

Tomorrow is the deadline date for my other 3 CCA's i sent out, and have not recieved one from them, a good thing or a bad thing im not sure I think the fact that the accounts are now in dispute is a good thing as they cant ask me to pay at the moment right?

What is the next step if i dont recieve my CCA's by tomorrow, is there another letter I should send to them asking why they have not sent it?

Thanks again

Hi Tendogs

Tomorrow is the deadline date for my other 3 CCA's i sent out, and have not recieved one from them, a good thing or a bad thing im not sure I think the fact that the accounts are now in dispute is a good thing as they cant ask me to pay at the moment right?

What is the next step if i dont recieve my CCA's by tomorrow, is there another letter I should send to them asking why they have not sent it?

Thanks again

Morning WAM, try this one: -

I refer to my letter dated xxxx which was delivered via Recorded Delivery to your offices on xxxx the documents I requested should be readily available as proof of your legal right to collect this account.

In my letter of the xxxx I made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above account under Section 77(1) and Section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and a true signed copy of the Deed of Assignment. In addition a full statement of my account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account along with any other documents mentioned in the credit agreement.

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. As you are no doubt aware, Section 78(6) states:

If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1) -

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Therefore as on xxxx this account became unenforceable at law and it is now my intention to refer this matter to the enforcement authorities.

Any default notices or adverse comments your company have recorded on my credit reference file should be immediately removed and not merely amended.

All payments made to date to for this account should be refunded in full, including interest at the rate of 8% per annum.

I look forward to compensation under Section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to be offered for the processing of my data in the manner it has been done over the past number of years.

After confirmation of the removal of all defaults, a refund of all payments with interest and compensation are received by myself, you will be required under Section 10 and Section 12 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to cease and desist all manual and automatic processing of my data within your company and any other company within your group.

If you do not respond positively to my request, court action may be taken under Section 14 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to force your company to comply with the removal of defaults entered, refund of all monies paid and compensation for damage and distress.

I look forward to your reply within 14 days to resolve the matter amicably.

Give it a week, it's always good to seem reasonable

Hi Tendogs, got my CCA back from another creditor, Im not able scan a copy, but it is a photo copy of the agreement, is signed my myself and husband dated 15/6/05 and under that they have signed it and the date is 14/6/05 are they supposed to sign it before me? also the date is printed not written does this seem suspicious to you?

Not sure what makes an agreement unenforcable?

thanks

Hi Tendogs, got my CCA back from another creditor, Im not able scan a copy, but it is a photo copy of the agreement, is signed my myself and husband dated 15/6/05 and under that they have signed it and the date is 14/6/05 are they supposed to sign it before me? also the date is printed not written does this seem suspicious to you?

Not sure what makes an agreement unenforcable?

thanks

Here you go chuck, have a look at this: -

IS MY AGREEMENT ENFORCEABLE( Via section 127(3) CCA1974)

PRESCRIBED TERMS FOR THE PURPOSES OF SECTIONS 61(1)(0) AND 127(3) OF THE

CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 Taken from sced.6(1983/1553) regulations

(If you just want to find out, skip the bits in between the stars it’s just some extra information)

**What do we mean by unenforceable?

In the Consumer Credit Act section 127 there is a provision for making an agreement unenforceable if it does not contain certain pieces of information.

Subsections 1,2,3,4 state which pieces of information these are, and everything mentioned there must be included within the body of the agreement, if one is missing the agreement is unenforceable.

How does unenforceable differ from enforceable with a court order only?

When an agreement is unenforceable it means that the court or the judge cannot make a ruling on it. The court cannot make it enforceable.

When an agreement is enforceable only by ruling of the court it means that the agreement can be stopped by the debtor but the court has the power to re-instate it and allow the credit to continue to enforce.**

The Pescribed Terms are these

A Amount of credit

A term stating the amount of credit

B Repayments

A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following-

(a) Number of repayments;

(b) Amount of repayments;

© Frequency and timing of repayments;

(d) Dates of repayments;

(e) The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.

C Rate of interest

A term stating the rate of interest to be applied to the credit issued under the agreement

D Credit limit

This may be a term or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit.

--------------------------

Which of these applies to you depends on the type of agreement you have?

For a Running Account (credit card) agreement

BC and D Apply

For a Restricted Use Debtor Creditor Supplier

• Where the dealer is the supplier and the creditor is the one providing the finance.
  • The money can only be used for the purpose it is given.
  • There is no interest on the purchase (the cash price is the same as the total price)
  • And there is no advance payment

A is applicable

For a fixed Sum Credit Agreement

A conventional credit agreement with none of the above restrictions

A and B apply

For a Hire Agreement

B is Applicable

This paper only covers section 127(3) of the Act agreements can also be unenforceable by contravention of sections 1 and4 this will be the subject of the next paper.

Please note that these Prescribed terms where not changed in any way by the 2004/1482 Ammendments although the form in which they appear on the agreement was. Subsection127(3) was repealed on the 6th of April 2007 so that unenforceability due to 127(3) will only apply to agreemens executed before that date.

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifclose.gif Debt collection library Follow this link to our debt collection library.

This library contains templates and advice for dealing with debt collectors who act oppressively or unfairly.

This library is work in progress and will be built up over the next few weeks.

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

Hi tendogs, looks like my agreement has all of the above, although it does not state the acual date the payments should be made, its says that the payments will start 2 months after the date of the of the agreement, apart from that i have nothing to go on.

What is the next step with this debt as they still telling me i need to pay the arrers and the £1 token payment is not acceptable. Where do i go from here?

Thanks