Robinson Way Full and Final Settlement Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Abbey debt bought by RW (debt £1840)..... bank acct so cant CCA...... SAR and £160 charges possible to reclaim (paid £10 for SAR and only got 1 spreadsheet detailing charges over last 6 years + they say involved in court case with OFT so can only go through their own internal complaint dept.)

So not much luck in getting rid of so only real option is a F&F settlement with RW. The default will drop off next Feb when 6 years from default expires.

As the debt has been bought and they prob paid about 10% of debt what have peoples experiences been with RW and settling??

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Many thanks

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D

Cheers :)

The account has charges on it, I've heard that it is unlawful to send a default notice whilst charges are still present on the account. Anybody heard anything similiar??

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D

Cheers :)

The account has charges on it, I've heard that it is unlawful to send a default notice whilst charges are still present on the account. Anybody heard anything similiar??

Yes and it is unlawful to default you when the account is made up of charges.

Bear in mind, when you settle this with a payment you will only see partial settlement on your credit file, and not 'satisfactory'.

If I were you I would send the 'Account in Dispute' letter and claim your charges back and in the mean time just pay what you can afford.

EDIT: I see it drops off next Feb.. have you tried the CCA letter?