Abbey Bank microfiche

saraloui69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

I have wrote the letter to the Abbey asking for my statements of which they have sent me 12 month's and the rest they said are on microfiche. It has now been 43 days since my request, has anbody any ideas on what I can do...

Regards sara:confused:

HSBC Claimed £4200

Capital One Claimed £484

There is some stuff in the Bank Template Library regarding Data Protection Act Non-Compliance. You should find what you are looking for there.

Plenty of the people here have also had similar problems, read some of thier threads to see what they did.

Hope this is helpful to you.

First Direct - £2791.84 received in full and final settlement.

Cahoot - Agreed to settle for full amount of £2024

Abbey National - AQ questionnaire returned and 50% offered

Lloyds Bank - AQ questionnaire returned

Sara

Have you read through the FAQs? Theres one that sets out the steps to follow, including what letter to send in response to their micrfiche letter.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

hi sara, wife and i are in the same boat, 43days also, already sent reply letter to microfiche arguement, didnt make a blind bit of difference, i think we will estimate our figure useing the statements they sent us for the preliminary letter.

;) [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][U]wayne[/U].[/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello wayne.hunt

I phoned abbey and spoke to this wonderful guy who said they are overwhelmed with people wanting there bank statements, but he would mark it urgent for me and would you believe i had them the following week.

Hang in there and you will get them...

hi sara, wife and i are in the same boat, 43days also, already sent reply letter to microfiche arguement, didnt make a blind bit of difference, i think we will estimate our figure useing the statements they sent us for the preliminary letter.

FWIW

I dont think anyone does think sending the microfiche argument makes a difference in terms of whether they send the statements through more quickly.

What it does is reinforces the point about the deadlines and rejects their representations about the fiche not being part of a relevant filing system,

If you dont send it then try to follow a clasim through the courts for failure to comply with the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) they may try to use their response saying we'll treat it as a normal request for that as an excuse to say you acccepted their position.

Send the follow up letters and stick to the step by step approach, its like it is to help you should you end up having to go to court over something.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I have to agree with Glenn, and youcan phone all you like and get the nicest people to talk to, and they all say that they will phone through and get it marked urgent, that happened to me 5 times!! it still took from May to late July to receive then, I would urge people who have come to the end of the 40 days and not received them to report them and file a claim for non compliance

• Confused 1

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed