D M Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Re: Debt Management Ltd

Kays Catalogue sold a debt to DM Ltd.. DM Ltd keep phoning here despite my request to corresponde via the post only. Today I also rec'd a letter from them threatening court action if its not paid in full.. Can they do that? It didnt come from their solicitors or legal dept.

Have you requested a copy of the credit agreement?

Regarding the calls, are you keeping a log of these?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

No, not requested one yet? This was the first time Ive ever spoken to them, im not denying that I owe the money, I just dont want to be harrassed over it, id prefer to deal with them through the post. They were a bit quick off the mark in threatening court action, surely they cant just do that !!

No they can't but it's their standard threat. Really you should speak to them at all on the phone. They will tell you any old rubbish over the phone which they can later deny. These people work on commission and really that's all they are interested in.

Remember DCA's have no legal powers and you need no qualifications to work for one.

As it's a catalogue they are unlikely to have a copy of the credit agreement and requesting it often gets the DCA off your back as they put the account on hold.

Are there any charges on the account and if so what percentage of the balance do you think these might come to?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Dont ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, speak to them.

Change your tel number tomorrow for a stress free life.

Send a CCA request tomorrow and do NOT sign the letter and send a postal order for £1 not a cheque and never sign anything as dca's are alleged to forge signatures to make agreements enforceable in your eyes.

good luck

im not denying that I owe the money, I just dont want to be harrassed over it, id prefer to deal with them through the post.

What you must do with DCAs is put them on their 'back foot', you have to take control away from them & use it to your advantage. As strange as it may seem, requesting a CCA can help you do that. As rory32 has said they are unlikely to have an enforcable agreement. If they havn't or even if they have it may not be enforcable, either way it puts you in control. It gives you the choice as to pay them on your terms or to tell them to go forth & multiply.

The woman I spoke to talked over me all the time until I told her to stop, pointed out it was extremely bad manners to interrupt me all the time, then said I wanted my tel.no removing from their system and to put everything in writing in future.

Telling them (as someone suggested) to go forth and multiply is very tempting, unfortunately my mouth runs away with me now and then and i may just tell her the real version.

I thought this court thing was fake - besides which if it did go to court they would means test me and id pay back a reasonable amount.

I think ill just play games with them for a while, wind them up, demand a cca and call their bluff..:D Id have thought that a threat of court action letter would have come from their legal dept or solicitors, which it didnt.

Edited by p4nd0rasb0x

I have just written to them.

Requesting a cca from them and asking them not to keep calling and that all calls will be noted and reported to the relevant authorities if it continues.

I then went on to suggest that I purchase the debt from them for the same amount that they purchased it for, which i believe is generally 10% of the original amount.... lol, maybe they will agree.

Edited by p4nd0rasb0x