Student Loans and me

CAGNewbie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

Not sure can do anything about this - if I can please let me know what! Thanks to Bank and Student loans now have nothing to live on.:-x

I am on a payment scheme to repay students loans - 200 per month, last payment due in march. So far, so good. BUT, they sent me letters saying had gone into arrears, complained to bank who said had paid it, and then student loans admitted did have it, but had taken time to process. This may indeed have happened as bank entered the reference number wrongly. However I had sent an amendment to the bank who had set up the correct reference etc - without removing first one, so had one wrong and one right Standing Order go out in january.

So in summary of very complicated situation:

Student loans have been paid twice this month (400 quid) and I have nothing left to live on.

Bank have taken off charges for next month, but done nothing else despite them paying out twice, having set up two SO's against my direct wishes

Student loans do not want to return the money as I am their debtor - despite agreement being 200 and the overpayment was not my fault not my intention nor in fact in any way to do with me.

Student loans have caused significant trouble and worry by sending letters that might have been allowed had there only been the wrong reference SO, but there was a second correct one there, and they admitted that they had money within the allowed 7 days just hadn't allotted it (no bar in their way, all was correct).

Am fuming and unable to even buy petrol to get to work but can't see who to complain to/get redress from/even get an apology from! (oh, and phone now cut off as no money to pay them thanks to bank etc so can't ring them either...!!!):-x