Need prior clarification please ...

Ripley2008
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've finally convinced my friend to start the process for claiming her bank charges back.

However, she has no access to a computer, and has no inkling to either. Her self confidence is also at it's lowest, therefore she has asked for my help.

This is not a problem but before I get fully into it I need to find out something.

As we are not blood related at all, will it be possible, should the occasion arise for myself to represent her at the court?

If so, should 'they' (the bank etc) be notified before?

Also, what notification should the courts get?

Hope someone can help, many thanks

Regards

Rip x

I've finally convinced my friend to start the process for claiming her bank charges back.

However, she has no access to a computer, and has no inkling to either. Her self confidence is also at it's lowest, therefore she has asked for my help.

This is not a problem but before I get fully into it I need to find out something.

As we are not blood related at all, will it be possible, should the occasion arise for myself to represent her at the court?

If so, should 'they' (the bank etc) be notified before?

Also, what notification should the courts get?

Hope someone can help, many thanks

Regards

it matters not who does the reclaiming, if it does get to court then all it takes is a simple letter stating you represent said person.

however, unless your friend is classed as a hardship case, all bank charges reclaims are on indefinate hold till the banks/oft think is sorted, so it might well be a long time coming.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just to add, if you were to represent her in court she would need to be present as well unless the court gave her special permission to be absent. She wouldn't have to say or do anything but you can't represent someone in their absence unless the court gives you special permission to do so.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thank you dx100uk and rory32 for the reply.

Yes I do understand about the delay dx100uk. I'm just acting on the advice stated by zootscoot in his oft test case post ...

If you have not yet issued a court claim do stick with your time table as before and issue a claim. If you do not issue a claim until after the test case, you may lose the right to claim some of the older charges under the Limitation Act. Your claim may well be stayed but at least you have your foot in the door and will therefore be at the front of the queue when it comes to payouts after a successful test case.

It's taken me about two years to convince her to claim, I want to get it started now, before she once again gets cold feet. Once it's started, she wont bail out.

Many thanks for both your responses though

regards

Rip x