• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

buy as you view but same problems as bright house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unfortunately the company has no records of a written complaint or query in over one year from this region, we do wish to resolve your complaint, however we are unable to do so without details, again if you would be so kind to write to;

Graham Clarke (Chief Executive Officer)

Buy As You View Limited

Kingsway Buildings

Bridgend Industrial Estate

Bridgend

CF31 3RY

Marked strictly Private & Confidential

This matter will be fully investigated, alternatively you can refer this matter to trading standards or the financial ombudsman and the same process will apply, please note you will need to give written consent for us to discuss your account details with any representative acting on your behalf.

The company has undergone significant changes over the last 12 months including significant managerial changes and continues to make investments to improve any areas of deficiency, the companies policy’s and procedure conform and indeed many go beyond what is required by legislation.

However as with every large organisation from time to time errors are made by individuals, I must stress that if an employee breaches policy or legislation the company will deal with this matter through its disciplinary process and if no mitigation for the breach, or if the breach is itself significant then the individual may be dismissed.

The company will not under any circumstances condone deliberate breaches of policy or procedure.

In reply to your question in relation to modified and parallel (Separate) contracts this is entirely the consumer’s choice, effectively the choice is a longer or shorter re-payment period which in turn effects the weekly/monthly payments. As I am sure you will understand the shorter length contract will attract the lower level of interest one would pay, clearly the converse applies.

Again may we take this opportunity to review your complaint by writing to the above address or contacting one of the regulatory bodies.

Kind Regards

BAYV

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for replying

I never got a choice of how long to pay over,if i wanted maintance vouchers or anythingelse i have already spoken to Graham Clarke and mr bell who basiclly said there is nothing he can do, i have all my agreements and its pretty clear that on some of them the boxes for warranty was already ticked in a differant pen to which i sighned the agreement in (already ticked before i had signed anything) i will phone but for what good it will do i doubt it cause i feel pretty strongly on this one .I understand that i have to pay interest but the way you work your agreements is completly wrong interest on top of interest and arrangement fees .6 times i have been charged arrangement fees.Must say your staff based in wales are very polite and helpful but thats the only good thing i can say about buy as you view!

• 5 weeks later...

slight update

had a phonecall from somebody at buy as you view,just saying the usual that i signed the agreement and that i have to pay what i owe..They also said that they would send me copies of statements but have not received them (makes no differance i already have them). I just cannot believe what i was told on the phone £450 for warranty on a tv thats worth around £600 and comes with at least 1 yrs warranty anyway. I told them (rightly or wrongly) that they can take me to court for the money and i will fight them all the way.

why should i pay for warranty/maintance when i have always had house insurance and was never asked or informed that i did not need their warranty if i had house insurance?

Just because the agreement(s) STARTED more than six years ago does NOT mean a copy of them is no longer available. The agreement(s) wouldn't have ended until 3 years later (2005), therefore, as that is less than six years ago, precise and detailed accounts and records of them are still available...

...or at least they SHOULD be!!!!

Cheers

Lefty

Buy As You View ,well ! where do I start .Got to pop out soon ,but will write full on my expereriences and complaint to Buy As You View and the outcome of my complaint .

Recieved a final decision off Buy As You view wih regards to miss sold Warranty , suprise Suprise , States that all their employees are trained ,monitored and are satisfied their products have been and are sold fairly !! This goes for current and previous agreements dating back to the mid 1990 up to date .

That warranties clearly indicated on the agreement and i have signed acceptance of relevant terms and conditions . Time for the financial Ombudsman

Misselling can be for a variety of reasons, were you asked if you had home insurance that would cover it, were you told exactly what it covers, were you told you do not have to take their policy but can chose from any in the high street.

Go get em Hazel.

If they have "destroyed" your agreement, then ask them for a copy of the "certificate of destruction" ;)

I too am having problems with Buy As You View ,a document of July 2007 no longer exists .Reply i had to this is it was probaly destroyed in accordance to their retention Policy at the time . What exactly does this mean ? who this also need a certificate of destruction ? I am no longer a customer with them .

Misselling can be for a variety of reasons, were you asked if you had home insurance that would cover it, were you told exactly what it covers, were you told you do not have to take their policy but can chose from any in the high street.

Go get em Hazel.

No ,none of the above was asked .Will fight it to the end ,so to speak

I am currently working on a CAG "Buy as You View" customer advice factsheet - a similar item to our existing CAG BrightHouse factsheet which you may have already seen.

CAG has received a lot of complaints about BAYV recently.

I have placed a thread in the "sticky" section of the forum HERE for anyone to contribute with their experiences, horror stories, GOOD SERVICE STORIES, or anything they feel would be of interest, and of use, to the factsheet.

PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR VIEWS TO THIS THREAD. Add your views HERE

Many thanks

Cheers

Lefty

In my experiences with Buy As You View ,they are nothing more than bullies ,who use intimidation to get payments .

As for BAYV adding their phone numbers ,address on threads to contact Chief Executive if you got a problem .This is no more than keeping people like us from posting our horror stories on groups like this . Once your complaint is in their hands ,they tell you they investigate each complaint seriously ,but more often than not the result is not in favour of the consumer with them .

• 2 weeks later...
Just because the agreement(s) STARTED more than six years ago does NOT mean a copy of them is no longer available. The agreement(s) wouldn't have ended until 3 years later (2005), therefore, as that is less than six years ago, precise and detailed accounts and records of them are still available...

...or at least they SHOULD be!!!!

Cheers

Lefty

Having same problem with Buy As You View ,fed up of the delay tactics they use ,have now rang consumer Direct ,and will be taking the matter up with them .

What is the law on hp credit agreements and keeping records of them prior to the 6 years ?

• 5 months later...

Hi

Its been very quiet on the buy as you view side until today when i had a letter from C.A.R.S debt collection demanding payment of £2200:shock:.I rang them and kindly told them i will not pay a penny till the amount is the true amount i owe without all the add ons they used.What i really cant get my head around is these maintance vouchers which were added on to a few of my agreement (which were added together with the amount of credit making the interest much more) and were hand written by the agent and also the arrangement fees which differ on every agreement and they charge me interest on it.Another thing is on the letter from the debt collection agency it says i have ignored requests from buy as you view but i have not heard a thing from them in months.I could do with alittle advise on my next steps.I am fully prepared to go to the media,tv and watchdog and also be taken to court where i will do my very best to show these people for what they are.Any advice gladly received

thanks

Buy as you view have been ripping people off and mis selling these maintenance vouchers for years ,adding them to agreements without asking customers if they wish to have their extended warranty on goods ,Contact your local trading standards and inform them of their practices ,the more complaints that are recorded about this rip off company the better .They also may be able to advise you . Noone has a right to enter your home eg baliffs ,employees of Buy As You View without a court order ,so dont even answer the door to them . Email the chief executive Graham Clarke of your issues [email protected] ,so at least they are recorded with the company ,personally I found Graham Clarke and the regional manager Chris Webb helpful at first ,but then they would not admit any liability for mis selling of these vouchers,even though they blatantly do .Await reply from Graham Clarke of his intentions on how he will persue your complaint .No employee has a right to harrass you ,bully you etc to get payment ,as they do ,which I know from personal experience and experience of alot of other customers .Keep in touch on here . Let me know the outcome of the complaint email to Graham Clarke

Thanks have sent him an email.Have been in touch with the FSA and they say they will write to buy as you view on my behalf and then i will have to allow them 8 weeks to respond if i dont get a responce or they fob me off.Then the FSA say they will take on my complaint for me.Also been on the phone to trading standards who have put me in touch with my local office so they can go over my documents.Just got the shock of my life when i was flicking through my documents this bit here is complete madness..

QTY 1 samsung 28inch tv cash price £399.99

QTY 8 maint vouchers £120.00:-x

QTY1 arr fee £30