Hello my story and I am crying

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

I was typing worriedunemployedandinsebt but the last two letters wouldn't come.

I have been battered by BOS bank charges and I got a text on my phone to to phone the company telephone number 08701203310.

I was trying to exlain different cards (I have a savings account and a debt account) I was trying to explain and I felt the lady was agaitated, I asked her to repeat what she said as i didn't hear her correctly the first time. I am over my bank balance and £70 suddenlt appeared and the bank (the main number) said it is done by a machine and was miles away from this aggressive women, I ended up shouting back at her when i was trying to explain that I have a limited find coming into my account at a certain time (I am on JSA and get my money every two weeks through my bank account oddly enough - my savings)

Has anyone else had aggressive treatment when trying to explain things? my excessive bank charges - I was told I was fine by the head office bloke when I paid twenty quid and the rest next week. I then get stung by 70! quid today as I am clearing my credit cards to concentrate on my main account.

Credit card 1 - owed £27.62

Credit card 2 - owned 13.98 (plus flight and train fare for a job interview)

Yet I am treated harshly when I want to clear these amounts?

The actual bank of scotland staff seem a lot better than these lady today.

Oh and i have a student loan on top as well, I am not expecting to buy a house anytime soon and just as well i can't drive (I am dyspraxic)

Anyone else feel they are being treated aggressively by people?

All the time, and patronised.. and attempts to make me feel bad !

Start every phone call off very nicely, and ask for their name and the spelling very nicely.. make it obvious you are noting the call time etc etc...

.. and THEN let rip :D

I find I always get a much better response from the miserable bleeps this way!!

Honest, try it... always works for me :D

Their calls are monitored so they have to be professional!

All the time, and patronised.. and attempts to make me feel bad !

Start every phone call off very nicely, and ask for their name and the spelling very nicely.. make it obvious you are noting the call time etc etc...

.. and THEN let rip :D

I find I always get a much better response from the miserable bleeps this way!!

Honest, try it... always works for me :D

They never let you hear their names properly either, she was patronising, it was me, I'd have been a LOT better, after all the person feels bad enough without them hauling it on you as well!

She seemed interested when I mentioned the amounts I needed for my tickets for a PhD interview. But I hope she gets it for being agressive, I was being polite, I asked "can you repeat what you said" and she was a nasty little moo!

I've dealt with nastiness on the phone when I was on a placement in an agency, but this. GRRRRRRRRR

Listen: No credit card or bank debt is worth crying over. :-( If you cry, they got to you and these people (and I use the word loosely :mad:) are not worthy of your tears.

So, turn a new page: Don't get upset, get the upper hand. This site will help you do that. :-)

Next time you get a phone call like this, say calmly and politely: "I'm sorry, I am not prepared to discuss this over the phone and I shall communicate with your company in writing only, so please put what you have to say in a letter and I shall deal with accordingly. I am terminating this call now. Goodbye." and hang up. Don't argue, dont try to get her to reply or listen, just say that and hang up. Every time they call, do the same. Once you know what company she calls from, then you can complain to them about phone harassment.

You're in control now.

Your credit cards debt, I'm going to guess there's some late payments/overlimit charges on them? Now's the time to start the reclaiming process, that should not only wipe off your remaining balance, but you should end up with some money in your hand too!

The bank charges: If you are on such low income, you should be able to reclaim under the hardship rules. If you read up on the forum, you will find templates and guides on how to do it.

These are the last tears you're going to shed on those swines. :-D

• Haha 1

Who told you that?! :D

Bookworm is right, worried. Keep everything in writing, make your claims, read the posts on here for help & dry your eyes. Before long you'll be kicking sand in the eyes of the banks & DCAs. :)

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Hello everyone

I was typing worriedunemployedandinsebt but the last two letters wouldn't come.

I have been battered by BOS bank charges and I got a text on my phone to to phone the company telephone number 08701203310.

I was trying to exlain different cards (I have a savings account and a debt account) I was trying to explain and I felt the lady was agaitated, I asked her to repeat what she said as i didn't hear her correctly the first time. I am over my bank balance and £70 suddenlt appeared and the bank (the main number) said it is done by a machine and was miles away from this aggressive women, I ended up shouting back at her when i was trying to explain that I have a limited find coming into my account at a certain time (I am on JSA and get my money every two weeks through my bank account oddly enough - my savings)

Has anyone else had aggressive treatment when trying to explain things? my excessive bank charges - I was told I was fine by the head office bloke when I paid twenty quid and the rest next week. I then get stung by 70! quid today as I am clearing my credit cards to concentrate on my main account.

Credit card 1 - owed £27.62

Credit card 2 - owned 13.98 (plus flight and train fare for a job interview)

Yet I am treated harshly when I want to clear these amounts?

The actual bank of scotland staff seem a lot better than these lady today.

Oh and i have a student loan on top as well, I am not expecting to buy a house anytime soon and just as well i can't drive (I am dyspraxic)

Anyone else feel they are being treated aggressively by people?

I Has anyone else had aggressive treatment when trying to explain things to halifax it got to the point where it felt like they where interrogating me over why i had got in to position of having bank charges and when i told them i was having problems paying it back thats when they turned nasty and all aggressive.

I cant understand why they are allowed to act this way.

yes keep happy and dont worry, you are in safe hands here, we will all try and help and support you , you are not alone okay

take care

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi there, worriedunemployedandinsebt.

Lots of nice, friendly, clever people on here. As usual the "Big Bank" friendly approach has someone else in a state.

You are in control of your finances, its just the banks have a knack of making the situation worse and lower your self-esteem to a point lower than low. Top Tip; dont let them :) Use people on here and things, in time will sort themselves out. No one on here will judge you.

Balloon