Terminating Occupancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was appointed executor for my late aunties will. I have today been to the housing association to hand in the keys and terminate agreement. They stated that I was responsible for any and all bills that could be raised against the property in regards to state of repair and removal of furniture. I have cleared out all personnel possesions and as much of the smaller items as possible. Can they hold me responsible for the property as I have no contract with them and I am not a tenant

They are not holding *you* responsible, they are holding the *estate* that you are executing responsible.

If your Aunt had no money or assets though, then responsibility doesn't pass to you - I am not (thankfully) knowledgeable about dealing with an estate that owes money.

You would only be responsible if you failed to deal with or declare the debts prior to gaining the Grant of Representation - as part of this process you will agree to be responsible for all debts that you reasonably should have known about.

Based on investigations I've done relating to executing a will on an owned (as opposed to rented) property, the estate remains liable till the will has been dealt with. Basically, till then it is still your Aunt's house and your Aunt's money.

I am not an expert.