MBNA Successes

jd002d4648
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Took MBNA to court via Conkers solicitors and had all £2900 wiped from the credit card. Card shut down but be aware if you have debt on your card and you claim back excessive charges etc they will only pay themselves, so still ended up shelling out solicitors costs.

Hello and Welcome,

Well done on your 'win', you would have been better off joining this site and doing it for yourself, could have saved you a few bob.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Agree there, every success, is a good success ;)

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations JD...are you able to briefly outline your case/argument and grounds for judgement?

MBNA are one of my bug bears so I've interested to discover their flaws and also, if any notice is being taken of the Rankine case (where applicable)

Many thanks if you're able to help...

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

• 9 months later...

Hello All..

I am new to this site and i feel it is really useful.I recently got a cca from MBNA but i am not sure whether this is enforceable.They send me a copy of the appplication form for the credit card with my signature showing consumer crdit agreement on the top.Is it an enforceable credit agreement??

Meny thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

If you read MBNA –v- Thorius that might help you. After reading this case I think the application form that MBNA have provided is not enforceable..

I am sure someone expert will come soon and elaborate on the enforceability of the application form..

In the meantime plz do read MBNA –v- Thorius (in the Newcastle-upon-Tyne county courtlink3.gif, September 2009)

• 8 months later...

Hi,

About 8 months ago, I requested MBNA to send me all the agreement quoting section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974. I have just received a letter from them which states:

We enclose a copy of original agreement together with a copy of the agreement currently in placea and signed statement of the account'

Unfortunately the copy of the agreement that we have retrived is incomplete, and at the moment, we are unable to provide a complete copy.

While we try to locate this we confirm that we will not issue court proceeding against you to recover the amount owed to us. However, please be aware that you should continue to make payments to your account, this is because your debt continues to exist and has not been extinguished, so you continue to have an obligation to pay us. As such, we are entitled to contact you to request payment if you fall behind on your payments. We are also entitled to report your repayment patterns to Credit reference Agency, including where appropriate, registring a default against your name, this has recently been confirmed in two high court decisions: McGuffick V RBS & Carey V HSBC.

---------- Please advise me how do I move ahead in order to get rid this debt! after receiving above letter from MBNA CC.

Thanks,

Aaron