prepayment question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just a quick question.

I had a pre payment metre fitted for gas a few months ago , not for debt ,just thought it would be better than paying a large quartely bill.

Anyway my clever idea has turned and bitten me on the bum.My old metre was in such an awkward place that i paid estimated bills for two years , and after they fitted the metre they informed me that i owed them £745.

I said that i was going to dispute the bill and have complained to consumer direct. Dispite my dispute they have started taking £10 a week from the metre.

What has realy made my blood boil however is that for the last four days myself , my wife and our six year old have all been house bound with the dreaded flu.

The night before last i used the five pound emergency credit on the metre as i was just to ill to go out. Yesterday we scrapped together £8 to put the emergency back on the metre until i could get to the bank today.

Anyway , when i put the card back in it gave us £2.40 for gas and took the rest of the money from the emergency credit , for the alledged debt , leaving us with no emergency credit. Can they do this ?????:???:

Sham

Yes. We have found the same too. See my post "British Gas - a Rip Off".

The reason being for this.

Apparently, when you go on to Emergency Credit it automatically charges you at a higher tarriff.

To add insult to injury, they also charge you 39p per day for every day you are using the emergency credit.

I'm not sure if this is another new [problem] they have implemented, but we've only noticed the huge difference in the past couple of months.

We are now looking at doing away with gas completely and getting an wood/coal burning Aga type cooker with a back-boiler and opening up our coal fire again (we don't use the present gas fire anyway - to expensive to run).