Reclaiming Bank charges and DPA

dogz111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sucessfully reclaimed all my bank charges from HSBC in March (2007).

Recently (yes, I know it was my own carelessness), I have been charged over £200 for a few excesses. Can anybody tell me where I stand on this? Can I still apply to HSBC for this money back? Is there anything contractual that I am bound by, considering that I did reclaim about £1500 from them some time ago?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

P O'M

Hi Paddy, there is nothing at all stopping you claiming again, the settlement agreement you signed for your first claim should have been date specific for the period covered by you claim so any charges since then are not covered.

unlawful charges are unlawful charges so get them back :)

I suggest you start your own thread as you will get much better information that way, heres the button

newthread.gif

pete

• 4 months later...

Hello, this is my first time posting, and first time with any bank charges!...

i believe i have been chrged £35 twice for going overdrawn (making it a £70 charge) i never asked for an overdraft and just took out money that was availible to me.

HSBC NEVER informed me of the bank charges which is why i am unsure of the details. rent is due on tuesday and i dont have the money to pay it now. i could end up in real big trouble because of this nonsense, so i could really do with some advice.

what are the first steps to claiming my money back, and will i be listened to at all?

please help!

Danny

Your best bet in the short term is to ring the Bank, state your case (explain the hardship the charges have caused you), and ask for a refund. If they do this, you're laughing. If not, it may be a long process to get your money back, simply because the banks are waiting for the Court Ruling on the OFT case - which may mean that the banks don't have to refund all the charges they have made in the past.

If you don't get a satisfactory response from your bank, then start the reclaim process as detailed here - it's not too daunting really, and lots of help is available for you from the guys and gals here.

All the best

Paddy