PCN for parking in diasbled bay hatchings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i got a PCN from a council run car parkfor parking slightly in the hatchings round a disabled bay. I had to park slightly to the right because on the left hand side is a large concrete pillar that encroaches into the space. If i had parked within the lines i wouldn't have been able to get my disabled sister out because the door would've been unable to open wide enough. Had i reversed in i would have over hung th front of the bay to enable me to get my baby's pushchair out of the boot. I asked the parking attendant and was told to get a smaller car!!! I have a large people carrier. Iwas told that by me parking over the hatchings i may have stopped the person parked next to me opening their door fully. I tried to explain that the concrete pillar stopped me opening the door but was just told to write and appeal but i would like to know if i have grounds to appeal?

Please can you take some pics sowing this parking bay.

Can you go into more detail of the location of this car park, was it on a public road, or one run by your local council or is it a private car park.

Ii is vital you get some pics of the bay, showing the markings in the bay at each end also, can you send in a full scan of the ticket you were given.

This scan should show all the writing on both sides of the ticket

i've requested the photos be posted to me so i'll upload them soon. This was a council multi storey car park. I was told on the phone thta there were at least four big signs saying the rules all car parks users must follow but when i went there today i couldn't find one.

Just to minimise risks to your pocket in future, always check that your vehicle is within the bay lines before you leave it.

In most car parks, parking outside the bay is a no go area.

When I park up at a location like this, before I leave I make sure we are parked correctly.

Today in a well know Super Market car park, I noticed 4 cars in a row parked out of the lines, which could lead to 4 tickets.

Just to minimise risks to your pocket in future, always check that your vehicle is within the bay lines before you leave it.

In most car parks, parking outside the bay is a no go area.

When I park up at a location like this, before I leave I make sure we are parked correctly.

Today in a well know Super Market car park, I noticed 4 cars in a row parked out of the lines, which could lead to 4 tickets.

...all of which could be safely ignored.