EON C**K up & promises of compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2006 I changed my suppliers from NPower to EON, before changes they promised that I would get my tesco's points added for every pound that I spent with them and would have my meter read by them as I am disabled and cannot get to read my meter as it is so high up. I asked for payment cards to be sent which they said would be sent before the change over.

I got the conformation in the september that all will change in the october.

sent them my tesco card number and phoned it in. paid up my last bills for Npower and thought all would be tickety boo.

October came no payment cards. Xmas came and went still no cards even after calling them twice, they said they had been sent out but would send two more.

February I get a quartly bill with Npower for my electricity.????

I called Npower and was told I was still a customer of theirs and only my gas had been taken from them not my electricity, I explained that I had conformation from Eon that they had taken over my account on both gas and electricity. I called Eon and they were adamant that I was their customer, I also reminded them that I still hadnt recieved my payment cards. Promises of them getting it sorted etc and to find out two weeks later that EON had taken the wrong meter number and had taken over my neighbours account, which she had no knowledge about. she is on a prepayment meter and was still paying Npower for her electricty. In the same week I recieved two lots of payment cards from EON, paid my gas even though had no bill but just estimated it on previous bills, but had no idea who to pay on my electricity, so paid have to eon and half to Npower, and told eon to sort it out. Finally I think in April all was sorted, I was handed over to eon. bill paid up with Npower and sent in a complaint to eon, and got told because of their mistake I would get compensation for the calls I made and the loss from the discounts for not having both gas and leccy with the same company and compensation for the stress that it had caused. well no tesco points were ever added to the 'estimated bills' they sent. Myelectricity card was not recognised at the PP where I pay for the gas. I'd had enough, and decided to change supplier over to EDF, which I must say have been really helpful so far.

My last bill before i changed over to edf was £57.00, (I managed to pay EON online in the end.) On my electricity.

Which was about right in my book. but a few weeks later my bill escalated to exactly £150.00 saying that they had underestimated my bills and they were working on the readings that I sent them, which I did not.

I called them and asked them about this and they were adamant that I sent in the reading, I also bought up about the promise of compensation, and was told the man dealing with it had left and didnt pass on my case details and offered me £6.00 off the bill as a good will gesture.

I politely told him to go off and come back with a better figure and he promised to talk to his manager and call me back. this was last week.

Today I get a letter from UDS (utility debt servises) demanding I pay the £150 or I will get a visit from a bailiff or have a bankruptcy petition raised against me.

Mad, I called them, explained to a very nice lady what the occurance was with EON and she told me to call them back, I told her I wasnt prepared to do that any more as I has spent enough time on the phone to them as it was, and I suggested that she start court action, because I wasnt going to pay anything until this matter had been sorted. Sending any more letters will be ignored.

Does any one know how I stand in all this.

sorry its so long and thanks for reading I hope it made some sence

• 3 months later...

Did you get this resolved?

We have a similar situation with Eon... We've now been in the property for 7 months(!) and have still not had a bill for the right meter, to the right address. Just the other day we got a welcome pack addressed to us which wait for it... was accompanied by a cheque made out to the old tenants for an over payment they made. How one company can be so **** I do not know.

I've heard that there are standard compensations that must be made if utility companies don't sort out problems in a certain time frame. Does anyone know what these are or where I can find some info about them?

Cheers,

PTC

• 1 month later...
Did you get this resolved?

We have a similar situation with Eon... We've now been in the property for 7 months(!) and have still not had a bill for the right meter, to the right address. Just the other day we got a welcome pack addressed to us which wait for it... was accompanied by a cheque made out to the old tenants for an over payment they made. How one company can be so **** I do not know.

I've heard that there are standard compensations that must be made if utility companies don't sort out problems in a certain time frame. Does anyone know what these are or where I can find some info about them?

Cheers,

PTC

i got my comp .. only 30 quid but its better than nothing .. just keep complaining and threat to get incontact with the energy ombudsman