ikea (again!) diffent topic.

jem
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi does anyone know if ill get anywhere by sending a letter in on this subject here goes....

i brought a mattress from ikea as i brought a ikea bed frame and only their mattress fit (which is a con in its own right!!) well i got it home and it didnt fit so i took it straght back, well when i took it back they said theyd have to take 30% of the price off me has the packaging had been ripped, i then told her what happened the member of staff who took the mattress of the shelf ripped it and i had only purchursed the matress 2 hours ago as it stated on the receipt which i showed her, she then said she wasnt disputing when i brought it, its the fact that the wrapping was ripped so they take 30% off for the rip in the packaging even though the ikea man did it!!! so even though i brought it 2 hours ago for £120, i got back £84 on a gift card which wasnt enough for me to get the smaller matress so had to got back without one. iam sure to seal up a bit of plastic wrapping it doesnt cost £40 and it wasnt even my fault it was there staffs.........can i get anywhere on this do you think....hope so as i was in floods of tears with the woman as i didnt have a matress then and she didnt even show remorse for me.

Their policy is irrelevant if it infringes your statutory rights. Speak to trading standards and find out what the law says. I have a feeling that because it was your error, they do have a right to charge a restocking fee, however, I'm not sure 30% is a reasonable amount