RBS Clear your debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was hassled by RBS for over £3000.

I made arrangements to pay £80 a month through a DCA called xxxxxxxxxx. I had no problem paying this debt until...

All of a sudden, my Direct Debit was stopped, then I received an abusive call from ACI. The man (Mr Brown) threatened to send someone to "knock on my door". After much investigation and extremely threatening telephone messages, I looked towrads this website

I followed the advice on this site and eventually my debt has been cancelled. I have a letter from RBS confirming that they cannot persue the case through the courts.

If you want a copy of this letter I will email it to you via email.

Contact me at edited and I will gladly forward it to you.

As it stands, RBS have admitted that they cannot persue me through ht courts, but have suggested that I am "morally" liable for the debt and that they will register my non-payment with "the relevant Credit Reference Agencies"

Personally, I think that this is also illegal..

Advice Please

Simon

edited

Edited by HSBCrusher
removed email address and language.

I had a similar letter over a year ago informing me that they had discharged me from all liability for the debt. The moral argument holds no water particularly as just before they caved they threatened me with bankruptcy, etc through their solicitors.

Are they threatening to default you after not being able to supply a copy of the agreement?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Their exactreply is this

"In the circumstances we appreciate that under S78(6) of the CCA, If you decide not to meet your obligations under the card agreement as they fall due we will be unable to take steps to enforce repayment of the debt. However we consider that you should continue to meet your obligations under the agreement bearing in mind that the agreementisn't void, it remains valid and your continuing default will be reported to the Credit Refernece Agencies

Simon'

I'll reply. putting your email address on an open forum is opening yourself up to masses of unwanted emails. DCA's and banks also look at this site and if they see anything that you put and can associate your emailaddress with your real name then it could open up a lot of problems for you. We do give out addresses to certain people but only via private messages. I don't know about the language used unless it was possibly libellous.

fox

Edited by silverfox1961
spelling

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Simon, you seem to be under the impression that you have a personal Site-Team Member, waiting to pounce on every post that you make.

At 22:53 you posted...

Hi site admin

Obviously, you are deleting my email address frommy posts.

Is there amy reason for this?

10 minutes later, at 11:03 you posted.....

ok as site admin cannot answer mypolite request and I thought that this site was designed to fight back against the big banks - and believe me you can.

Including the owners of the site, there are 28 Site Team Members.

You are one of 200,000 registered users. We do not do "one on one".

I edited your email address to protect your identity from the bank staff that regularly read these forums. As Silverfox said, the banks will seize on any snippets of info that you give them and use them against you.

So what have you done, now?

Posted your full name, your place of work and enough information for anyone, including a bank's legal team, to reconstruct your email address.

That is enough information to positively identify you. A few days is all they need. If you want to supply them with the bullets to shoot you with, then leave post #5 as it is. I'm sure that they'll soon oblige you.

If, on the other hand, you want to remain anonimous then I would suggest that you go through all your posts and remove any identifying information.

Also, I suggest that you pick a username that does not identify you. If you want a name change then PM any member of the Site Team with your choice of name and, provided it is not already in use, we can arrange it for you. A name change can only be actioned by a member of admin so there might be a short delay.

In addition, please do not use bad language or post any potentially libelous remarks on the site..... They will be moderated, as per the site rules.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

If they are willing to default you while they are in default of supplying the agreement then not only can you have it removed you can also claim damages against them.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.