NEWBIE v PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm not new to the site as i have been successful in claiming back my bank charges with Nationwide and Lloyds TSB, but i am new to the PPI element.

Is it the same process as bank charges, can you go back 6 years ?

I had a car loan back in 1999 for 4 years and it had PPI inclusive - i didn't know what this was - I sjust signed away so i could get my first decent car ( i was very young)

I think it was with black horse but i can go back and check my statements.

Do I have a case or am i too late

cheers

Tg x

Hello tractor girl,

Hi

I'm not new to the site as i have been successful in claiming back my bank charges with Nationwide and Lloyds TSB, but i am new to the PPI element.

Is it the same process as bank charges, can you go back 6 years ? Yes you can go back 6 years and even longer as the legistlation says 6 years but the banks keep information for much longer and if they keep the information and you ask for it with a Subject Access Request then they have to supply what you want.

I had a car loan back in 1999 for 4 years and it had PPI inclusive 1999 with 4 years with PPI and that takes it to 2003 so it would then fall within the 6 year statute. i didn't know what this was - I sjust signed away so i could get my first decent car ( i was very young) I used to be very young as well:D

I think it was with black horse but i can go back and check my statements. You need to check out this and get as much information as you can. If you do not have all the information you will need to send a Subject Access Request to seek all the information with regard to your Claim.

Do I have a case or am i too late You will need to post more information on the PPI you have ie with a loan, credit card, mortgage etc the more information you post minus the personal details of account numbers, addresses, names, bankis etc incl sort codes the better.

It will be a long road but everything is in the favour of folks who signed up for PPI without being given the full information on the product being added to loans etc.

aa

cheers

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.