PC World, Technology u can trust? really? or just bull****?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok a few months a go I walked into PC World to pick up a laptop cooler and get some advice. Whilst waiting in the queue I over heard the woman at the front, say her Router wasn't working. She asked for a replacement or her money back. Ok said the guy got to ask a few questions. Was it windy outside? Yes the lady replied. THats your problem he blurted out, the wind was blowing your signal away. I burst out laughing, so much so that security had a word. I never heard so much bull**** in my life. Anyway I pointed out to the woman, that there is a button that opens the router up for 1 minute, that allows wireless connections threw. its added security to stop people stealing your net. The woman gave me her number and asked me to help her set it up, and I did and it worked.

Now I never thought any thing of it till today, I was looking for a Laptop for my girlfriend for Xmas.

This was the one I was looking at. And I read more bull****.

Discover the most practical solution to your everyday computing needs: the Toshiba L300-11V. Sporting an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor TK57 that really packs a punch, the L300-11V also uses Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium for the best possible output.

The Toshiba L300-11V’s wealth of features include an ample 15.4” TruBrite widescreen display, an integrated DVD re-writer as well as ATI Radeon shared graphics technology for an incredible High Definition visual experience. A vast 2GB memory space allows you to store countless photos, documents and MP3 files.

WiFi capabilities ensure that you can enjoy all the fantastic features of your laptop from any room in your house.

AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor TK57 (2GHz, 1600MHz, 512KB Cache) Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium 2 GB memory 160GB hard drive , ATI Radeon X1200 shared graphics 15.4" TruBrite Widescreen Display DVD ReWriter Wireless enabled webcam .

Toshiba L300-11V Laptops - Cheap Toshiba Laptops.. Buy the Toshiba L300-11V laptop at PC World.

Now in red is the Bull****. The 2GB of Memory (RAM) has nothing to do with storing Photos, documents or MP3's. It just helps your Laptop run better, run better programs and the more RAM the faster it should be. However they should of said, that the 160GB Hard drive, allows you more space to store Countless photos, documents and MP3 files. So is it really advice you can trust?

www.nwcpnefc.co.uk/forum football, whinging and anything else

I been to see the Doctor and hes diagnosed me with Excessive DCA Crank call Syndrome.

Anyway I pointed out to the woman, that there is a button that opens the router up for 1 minute, that allows wireless connections threw. its added security to stop people stealing your net.

I'd be interested to learn on which model of router this function appears.

Its on Speed touch routers, in the middle. I used to have one myself, but when AOL replaced it, they sent me a rubbish one. I wouldn't recommend Speedtouch they are poor technology, and cut ur speed for no reason. Ok restarting solves it, but its bloody annoying.

www.nwcpnefc.co.uk/forum football, whinging and anything else

I been to see the Doctor and hes diagnosed me with Excessive DCA Crank call Syndrome.