Advice Needed

tezzaa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm in the unfortunate position of having to take out a secured loan, just for a couple of months so that I can clear my mortgage arrears and then apply for additional borrowing on my mortgage (although I am waiting to check I can in fact do that - I have been in arrears for roughly one year) :(

Under the CCA roughly how much interest would I have to pay to pay the loan off early? Is it about two months interest?

Any advice gratefully received :)

Tezzaa

Hi Tezzaa,

Moving this to Mortgages and Secured Loans forum where you should get advice.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Tezzaa,

Are you intending to do this solely through your existing mortgage lender or is the short term secured loan coming from another lender.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Tezzaa,

Are you intending to do this solely through your existing mortgage lender or is the short term secured loan coming from another lender.

Hi Slick,

The short term secured loan would be coming through a different lender to the one I have my mortgage with. I will use the loan to pay off my arrears. Then I will have to wait 6 months before I can then get additional borrowing from my mortgage lender.

So I wondered what kind of rebate I would get on early repayment of the secured loan. I will have to take out a 3 year loan so that the monthly payments are manageable, then pay it off in 6 months time when I have got additional borrowing from my mortgage lender.

I did see some sort of online calculator that gave an estimate of the likely rebate, but can't find it now. I also read somewhere that it should be the capital borrowed less capital repaid plus about two months interest.

Tezzaa

Hi Tezzaa,

I'm not qualified to offer financial advice, which should be sought from an Independant Financial Adviser.

However, I would not be so worried about what rebate I'd get for repaying the loan early.

I'd be far more concerned with what Early Redemption Penalty I may have to pay.

If you can afford to pay an additional loan, are you sure you can't negotiate a deal with your current lender to repay the arrears over, say, a year.

This sounds a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Lets see if there's further advice forthcoming. :)

Hi there, like Slick says - I think you would be better advised to use the money you would pay to the new loan each month for the next six months to make payments towards the arrears. You would most certainly not get a substantial rebate on the interest when settling your new loan so early.

Do you absolutely need to request additional borrowing from your mortgage company in six months? How much are the arrears and how much would the monthly payment on the new loan be?

You need to weigh up how much the monthly payment on the loan would be versus paying the same amount towards your arrears until they are paid.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.