Had to cancel my own holiday

Lady H
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just after a bit of help if anyone can.

Booked our holiday with Direct Holidays over the phone in July for next year and paid a deposit of £62.00. Was told another payment of £90.00 each had to be paid in September. So in total I've now paid £242.00

Since then events have taken hold and it has meant this is now a luxury we can't afford so I checked the booking t's & c's that came with my invoice and it says due to the notice I've given all I will lose is my

deposit.

Have heard nothing from them so rang today chasing it up and was told that we would lose a deposit of £120.00. The problem is I don't have any paperwork to say the deposit was £120.00 and all I was told was it is in the terms and conditions. I'm looking all through the terms sent to me and nowhere does it say that. The rep kept referring to terms on the website and how I would have had to agree to them when I booked. Needless to say I got nowhere and tried to speak to the manager who was on lunch break at 4.50pm?? I asked for a call back at 7.30pm but am still waiting.

I've checked on their website and have found the section he is referring to that is titled Low Deposit saying the loss of deposit would be £120.00.

My argument is that why would they issue a set of terms and conditions with my invoice that is a different document to those listed on the website and how would I know which I would be agreeing to.

Surely this can't be right?

I'd be grateful of any advice

Thanks in advance

Helen