Cabot aarghh! Have returned cca p/order - what do i do now pls?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon everyone,

Am at another stage already & am grateful for any advise if poss?

Got reply already from cabot re my cca request sent to them last week,

stating:

"acknowledge receipt of your request.

.....The cabot financial group are not obliged to provide this info but are pleased to help & have already requested documentation from original lender...

...cabot financial does not accept the statuory fee required under section 77 and/or 78 of the cca '74 & as result have returned the fee received....

..We anticipate that we will be able to provide this info within the 12 days.

In the event that we are unlikely to obtain this info within those time limits we will write to you again."

Seems like a standard reply some people get (gathered from a few other threads),

but dunno what to do now as they have returned the postal order i sent & am presuming that if they dont accept it

then they could say i never offered it or something along those lines??:confused:

Is there another letter i need to send maybe with the postal order again etc?

Still nomore comms regarding the full outstanding balance that they are apparently expecting after supposedly terminating my agreement?

Any help/advise most def appreciated please peeps!

Many thanks, Jx:-)

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!

Hi, you don't need to do anything, you have made your legal request and now they are bound by the laws that they use every day to fulfill your request.

They know this better than you and as such you shouldn't feel that you need to remind them of their duties.

The laws that they quote are entirely inappropriate for your circumstances as the law clearly states that they have bought the benefits and liabilities of the debt.

They must either furnish you with your CCA, or pass on your request to the Original creditor, either way simply sit back and wait until the request becomes default, (12+2working days) after that if they make any demand of any kind, report them and complain as they have no right to attempt enforcement against an unsubtantiated debt

• Haha 1

Hi S, Thanks loads - was worried that i had to repeat cca request or something as they returned the postal order etc. Will sit back and wait another week or so then & see if they send ir thru!! Thanks again for prompt reply. Jx

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!