j-dub Vs HSBC Gold card

j-dub
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi j-dub , welcome back :)

Sounds like a good result could be on the cards - keep us up to speed on progress with both if you could please - it'll help and encourage others not to take the banks ' behaviour lying down ...:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 1 year later...

Well, there's been a lot of changes in the law since I started this thread, so time for an update...

The company I was dealing with has shut down due to the court decisions late last year/early this year...

This agreement above has been found to be "redeemably unenforceable" so I'm currently in a mexican stand off with HSBC... they can't legally get any money out of me, and I'm not legally obliged to pay them any money until such time as they can provide the correct documentation to redeem the problem with their paperwork...

This is good, 'cos I don't need to pay them. However, it's also bad 'cos it's still on my credit reference, and their "collection agency" keeps hassling me...

My solicitor has sent the agency a letter warning them that if they continue to illegally hassle me then we'll take them to court, which will cost them much more than the total amount alledgedly owed via this "agreement".

So, I'm in a bit of a state of limbo at the moment...

I'll update again when something happens...