• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

attention all rbs/natwest customers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I would be extremely interested to hear from all caggers regarding their experiences of obtaining true copies of their credit agreements after sending a legal request under section 77/78 of the cca 1974 to the rbs/NatWest.

It is my experience that they are extremely reluctant or have mis-placed, lost, disposed of these legal agreements.

If enough evidence from customers is obtained, it is my intention to provide this evidence and submitted a mass complaint to the oft and the fsa, and hopefully, rather than tell us they will not investigate individual complaints, but pull their finger out and really investigate this matter and fine the pants of them:grin:

Individually they run us around in circles, but a large complaint they will have to listen.

I have posted this thread on the debt section and the NatWest and the rbs forums. So it is important that we keep bumping up this thread to attract as many customer with these companies as possible

Thanks in anticipation:grin:

AA your's had best be the first

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

I would be extremely interested to hear from all caggers regarding their experiences of obtaining true copies of their credit agreements after sending a legal request under section 77/78 of the cca 1974 to the rbs/NatWest.

Oops - they misplaced mine http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/93884-wescot-rbofs-oh-dear.html

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hello,

It is my experience that they are extremely reluctant or have mis-placed, lost, disposed of these legal agreements.

If enough evidence from customers is obtained, it is my intention to provide this evidence and submitted a mass complaint to the oft and the fsa, and hopefully, rather than tell us they will not investigate individual complaints, but pull their finger out and really investigate this matter and fine the pants of them:grin:

Individually they run us around in circles, but a large complaint they will have to listen.

I have posted this thread on the debt section and the NatWest and the rbs forums. So it is important that we keep bumping up this thread to attract as many customer with these companies as possible

Thanks in anticipation:grin:

Sorry AA your just not quick enough:lol:

I'll be first.

The Nastywest are in breach of the section 77 request I sent them last year, they have admitted that they cannot produce the agreement and then defaulted the account ( no Notice of default provided) and added over £2,400 in interest to the balance:mad: I have argued regarding these matters ( They have ignored the fact they applied ppi to previous loans. (approx £18,000 with statutory interest. They will not enter into any correspondence and have provided me with their final response and have also informed my that the account details have been passed to solicitors who will be taking me to court. That was over 4months ago and heard nothing:rolleyes:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hey Rory,

I was first:-D

No joking aside thank you for your post, it will be intersting to see how many credit agreements from this lot are lost, missing, destroyed. I read many threads regarding rbs/natwest non-compliance to section 77/78 requests:rolleyes:

Something very dodgy I feel:D

will be intersting to see how many credit agreements from this lot are lost, missing, destroyed.

It will indeed. Rather a lot I'll wager. It will be also interesting to see how many people they have threatened with bankruptcy etc. through their solicitors when RBS and the rest of their group are in default of their legal obligations.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hello hhnf,

had a massive post but because my system is parc (in reverse) I have lost what I posted so this is second attempt. (probably also parc) reverse again:rolleyes:

Sorry AA your just not quick enough:lol:

so nothing unusual there then:D

Not even second:D

BUT and this is my opening Gambit. I think that is a chess term:rolleyes:

alanalana PPI claim against RBS (looking for some help) please

Basically without you going through the above massive thread

RBS have tried to put me off! give me false Information on previous loans! deny any information existed on SAR!, stated they could not locate the information as requested in my SAR! and stated they were not responsible for Direct Line Financial Servies Loans (DLFS) when in fact DLFS was legally transferred back to the Royal Bank of Scotland Group on 1 March 2006.

I complained to the FOS after the RBS offered me a goodwill gesture on the Direct Line Financial Services Loan of £2.6k

The FOS got my complaint took up my case and the RBS made a revised offer of £3.8k without admission of liability and as a gesture of goodwill. They obviously are trying to prevent a big fine from the FSA coming their way:cool:

How very nice of them to make an offer as a gesture of goodwill on their part:eek: When the Money was actually taken as a result of mis information.

Here is your money back but it is our goodwill that gives it back:eek:

And our bad will that took it from you in the first place to boost our profits. Oh by the way sorry you were not covered in the event of a claim:eek:

Fight them and get yer own cash back this is the biggest rip off by the banks in a long time:mad:

At this point I have to ask the site team to intervene to remove anything that could be construed as offensive.

aa

PS

Keep up the fight as this PPI mis-selling has been massive and there are a lot of people out there (Not on CAG) that are still unaware of this, probably thousands, who still need to be made aware so they can fight back.

PPS. Isent £5.00 for what I thought were five loan agreements. Sadly four were closed so I got the CCA on the current loan but sadly no refund for the four closed loans so they actually owe me £4.00 not even mentioned in their response. Just goes to show how greedy they really are. However I accept responsibility for not knowing the rules but after all they obviously did and still no refund and all for four quid.

Mind you the Late CEO was still in power then so it could be explained!!

Edited by alanalana
text amended and text added

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi

As you can see from my threads I'm also having difficulty obtaining copies of the original loan and credit card agreements from Natwest.

A loan that was closed in 2003 I'm told that the 'agreement is no longer available'.

Current Loan - CCA request: They provided a 'true' copy in line with the request but it had no signature or date on at all and was basically what I feel 'created'. Would not stand up in court and would be unenforceable - I'm now about to request a copy of the original signed copy - won't hold my breath. Best bit was that they sent me a statement of my arrears - which actually belonged to another Natwest customer with his address and bank details on! :grin:

Credit Card - again complied with the CCA request but the CCA they provided was actually 'created' as it has my new address and not the address when I took out the card! I've requested a copy of the original signed agreement but no response as yet.

Like a lot of people on here this loan and credit card ended up being passed to Wescot and defaults entered onto my file.

So yep I'd be very happy to sign a mass complain - bring it on HHNF!!

Thanks for everybody's input:grin:

There is a sticky in the bank forum by bankfodder regarding recontructed credit agreements, contains this information:eek:

How trustworthy is your bank? | Money | The Guardian

bump:grin:

Hi Mate,

From my own experience they were pretty good, they phoned me up saying they were stuggling to find my documents and requested some more info, a few weeks later i got them through the post.

I think it took around 45 days from me requesting them to them sending them in the post.

Anymore takers please:grin:

Hello hell,

If you get this thread linked into the debt forum area and/or the RBS and Natwest bank forums it would probably attract great interest.;)

aa

Edited by alanalana
text altered

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 1 month later...

Nat West have - and I quote their written response "misplaced" or "disposed of securely" my CCA. Aparrently, "misplaced" means that they are still in possession of it but it has been put in the wrong filing cabinet and "disposed of securely" means that it has been shredded. When I claimed that they have lost it, they stated that they hadn't and that misplacing and losing are vastly different.

There have been times when I have been unable to find my car keys and until they were found, I thought of them as lost. Although I was sure I had only misplaced them, they were lost until I found them because I didn't know where they were. I could have dropped them down a drain for all I know. It seems to me that until something is found, it cannot be deemed as misplaced. So until they find a CCA, I will consider it lost. May be it didn't exist in the first place, but then again, you can't lose what you never had....... :???::???::roll:

Confusing isn't it!

As for "disposed of securely". First question is why? Second question is why? Third question is why? etc etc etc.... Doesn't make them look very professional.

I think they have been caught with their pants down by poor record keeping and will try anything if it means that they do not lose out as a result. Only recently they offered me a new loan (£11000 more than my existing one, with higher monthly payments and 24 more payments tagged on the end). This was apparently to benefit me?? I think it's more likely that they were trying to earn (sic) a few more quid and would also be able to get me to sign a CCA for the new loan so I could not continue my ongoing struggle with them (but that's another thread). Or it might just be that I am getting cynical :eek:

Nat West and lost (sorry - misplaced) documents seems to be a common theme......

So by losing, misplacing whatever they want to call it,

They appear to have breached the data protection act

Consumer credit act

and possibly Money laundering regulations

The Natwest was fined by the fsa in 2002, for serious breaches of the MLR

See this link

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/rbs_12dec02.pdf

Thanks for the reply,

I have already questioned the data protection issue but they stated that because it is misplaced and not lost, this means it is still in their possession so no breach has occurred and if it has been shredded, they say that this means that no breach has occurred. I personally think that they have no proof that they have lost it and it is quite possible that it may have been stuffed in the salesman's briefcase and left on a train somewhere. Could I still claim a breach of the Data Protection act?

I am sure they know that they have breached the CC act but are basically saying "whatever", "Do we look Bovvered"? etc......

In respect of the Money laundering regs: Would they not argue that because I hold a current account, they know who I am?

Cheers, Thanks again for the help......