Off We Go Again!

Rusty-London
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, after going after HSBC and being up to the MCOL stage now I've decided to give it a go against Smile as well.

The amount isn't as much as with HSBC, it's only £275, but it's all better in my pocket than theirs;)

I've emailed the imfrowning@ e-mail address with a prelim letter from the template library, re-worded slightly to ask about manual intervention. So far Smile are doing better than HSBC 'cos at least they've replied to me...even though it is the standard reply that people are recieving.

I'll keep everyone updated with progress as and when anything happens!

Hi Rusty-London,

I don't know if you've had a chance to read about other peoples experiences with Smile? The good news they are pretty good compared to the others. Once you have your statements and send the LBA1 they usually pay up. As far as I am aware no one has had to file with money claim. So fingers crossed that £275 maybe in your pocket sooner than you think!

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

So you wrote to them on the 17th, and have already had a written reply? Crikey! That's good going, even if it is just a "standard" reply.

I put a claim in on my co-op account, last thursday, but I haven't heard anything yet...

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that smile aren't being as helpful with me as they are with most other people! I've sent the Prelim and the LBA and have only recieved 2 standard replies. I didn't do a DPA request as I got all the statements off the online banking annd asked about manual intervention in the Prelim.

Should I think about starting again from the DPA request so everything is in place before trying to get the money back, or should I just go ahead as planned within my timescale I've set?

I would just stick to the timescale set. You have to remember these people have a HUGE back log!

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I recieved a secure message from someone called MANAGER today, they are basically saying that they recieved my LBA and my previous letter regarding this and should have recieved a standard type acknowledgement...it goes on to say that the complaint is being dealt with within the timescales set out by the FSA.

Has anyone else had a similar reply???

I just recieved another standard email reply from Smile today....But I've no idea what they are replying to as they've already replied to all my other letters :idea:

The 14 days is up tomorrow for the LBA, so I'm thinking about sending a letter to them telling them that I understand they are very busy at the moment, but if they don't refund the charges by the end of the week I will have no other option than to file a claim with MCOL which will result in them having to pay interest.

I'm hoping they won't decide to close my account if I go to the MCOL stage with them, because apart from the charges I think they're the best of a bad bunch as far as banks are concerned:eek: (hopefully the fact that I've paid the settlement cheque from my HSBC claim into my account will deter them from closing it!)

I contemplated sending them a note (17 days since they got the LBA, and all I got back from them was yet another 'sorry you had to complain' template letter), but thought better of it. I've got less to lose as I don't bank with Smile anymore, so they can't close my account. However, why should them being busy or backlogged affect my timeline? I think having given them more than a month to answer a complaint the least they could do is come up with more than a fob off letter.

Rant over :)

If my reply or advice was helpful, please click the scales!

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

I am getting the impression that because Smile have played nicely, people are willing to give them a little more time than stated in their letters in the hope that eventually they will pay up...and I'm sure they will. However we stipulate a timescale to them, and we should stick to it. If they have such a back log they should employ more staff to deal with it.

My advice would be if you have had no response, or an unsatisfactory response in the time you have provided them then move onto the next stage.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck Rusty. My MC was issued on 16th August, still nothing from them - not even an acknowledgement of service.

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

I can imagine it now.. James Nesbitt in a new 118 247 ad.

'Hello, can you recommend a good solicitor in Manchester. Preferably one that is ethical.. What do you mean, there's no results?'

Priceless.

-------

-------

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got an acknowledgement of service from Smile today....with one day left!

I've searched through the posts but can't seem to find anyone who has gone through the Moneyclaim stage yet. Is anyone aware of anyone who has been taken the whole way by Smile, or are they the same as most of the other banks where they acknowledge service, then pay out?

(half raises hand)

I'm still in the court stage with Smile. AOS has been done, they've got five days left to file a defence.

-------

-------