Lloyds TSB refusing to close my account

superstarjan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya!

I opened an account with Lloyds as a parachute account when I made my claim against barclays 2 years ago. I have hardly used this account, and sent a letter about 2 weeks ago to close it (because "genes reunited" had taken a payment out i wasnt aware of i and incured charges as a result. However, I did telephone them and they waived these charges).

I heard nothing from them about closing the account until yesterday, when I received a letter saying that I was overdrawn and would be charged £15 plus £6 per day. I did not use this account and as far as i was concerned it was closed. I phoned them yesterday and they said that they havent received my letter and it cant be closed until i pay the overdrawn amount.

I have no idea what the payment was for, that made this "closed" account go overdrawn in the first place, although I do recognise the company it was made to and i have made payements to them in past, but on this occasion it was without my knowledge or authority. And why did Lloyds allow this payment to be made if there was no money in the account?Lloyds have said that i have to contact the company and ask them to pay the penalty charge.

Does anyone know if I have to pay this, or whether i have any rights here???

thanks!

Edited by maroondevo52

• 2 weeks later...

I sent Lloyds another letter telling them to close my account and to remove the charges which are nearly £60, but i didnt sign the letter and they have sent it back to me saying I have to sign the letter before they close the account.

Is this true? I'm very suspicious of banks asking for my signature at this time.

• 4 weeks later...