RevDarkman v HSBC last stage

RevDarkman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just had an offer of £3298 from HSBC after taking them to court - the offer is the full amount of charges plus the £120 court fee.

I also claimed for the 8% interest which now is about £550 on top - should I also make sure I get that ? How do I correctky word a refusal of offer letter on these grounds?

Many thanks

I'd just be thankful you were offered the full amount relating to the charges applied and leave it at that.

Did you actually have to take them to court, or did they agree to settle prior to that?

I'd just be thankful you were offered the full amount relating to the charges applied and leave it at that.

Did you actually have to take them to court, or did they agree to settle prior to that?

I did the two letters requesting a repaymnet giving them 14 days each to which I had two replies telling my to go and talk to the Ombudsman.

Then went to court online and within 3 days they requested the full breakdown of charges, within two days of me sending them the information they offered the amount.

Fantastic news! Lucky you. Not got any advice but i am impressed. I am in the **** with HSBC at the minute so wish me luck!

Catherine.

Good Luck!!

I'm at loggerheads with them as well - I'm holding out for the interest on this as it willleave me completely debt free with HSBC!

Just do it you have nothing to lose really

i would go for the intrest, everyone who claims it gets it

i would go for the intrest, everyone who claims it gets it

I've been looking round these forums and also at moneysavingexpert.com but can't find the correct way of refusing the offer unless the interest is paid with it.

I'm thinking along the lines of a reply letter like this:

Dear xxxxxxx

Re: RevDarkman –v- HSBC Bank

Thank you for your letter dated 13th July 2006.

I refer you to the particulars of the claim:

I also claim interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 09-06-2000 to 21-06-2006 of £3098 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of 8%

I see no reference to the interest in your letter therefore I do not accept your offer at this present time

yours...blahdiblahdiblah

is this good enough?

Thx

i thought of this

Your address

There’s

Date

REF:

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your letter dated ………. With response to my court claim, I am willing to accept this uncoditionally as a part settlement, as you are aware under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 I am entitled to interest at 8%apr for each offence which equals £………..

I am happy to accept this interest amount as an additional unconditional out of court settlement. Failure to do this will result with me continuing to pursue my claim with the county court.

Yours Faithfully

I reckon DG Solicitors are stoopid!

Got a reply to my refusal - they've now added the interest and removed the £120 court costs! Dealying tactics maybe? New letter in the post rejecting the amount........

Hi

I've had the same from HSBC - sent the 2 letters, both times they've replied saying they aren't going to give me a penny and "how to make a complaint" etc.

Now just need to file my claim online - I hope I have similar success with an offer - I'll be watching your case to see how the interest part goes.....

Cheers

i have received a letter from hsbc now refunding my 10 dpa cheque and a another one asking me how much they think they owe me and would i write as letter detailing such amounts, i hope to do so once my statements arrive,

hsbc

Claim served on 13-08-2006

full refund .19-08-2006,

23-08-06 cheque arrived £580-deal.:D

capital one .

Filed claim against 16-08-2006 for £340.

Capital one 02-09-06 offer £383 refund to account.deal:D

Abbey Data Protection Act 4-07-06

issued court claim for £189 16-10-06

waitng for allocation nov21-11-06:cool:

Pleae make a donation to site, when you win-- I DID

Well I now have the offer of all charges court costs and Interest totalling £3722

Now I intend to clear my HSBC CC (£500), clear my overdraft (£2200) and bring my loan account up to date about £300 - £400 in missed payments over the last four months - is it safe for me to request DG to pay the money into my account or should I get a cheque and get it cleared in my other account (NatWest)

That my friend is entirely up to you - you tell them how and where you want it paid! Well done!! :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all

After I got my charges back I went to the bank, cleared my CC with them, got my loan repayments up to date and insisted that I got teh £90 in charges since the claim back - which I did.

HSBC now want to close my account (don't really care about it!) BUT when I was at the bank I explained that the £90 charges were three unpaid loan repayments, from a direct debit which I wasn't allowed to cancel. I was told in the bank that a clause in the loan agreement was that there must be a Direct Debit in place from your HSBC account.

So does the clause in the loan agreement override their reason for closing the account? They quote caluse 12.4 in their terms and conditions for closing my account.

What I'm getting at is, through no fault of my own, they are closing the account which according to them must be in place to repay the loan! What happens to teh loan payments? do they hand it over to a collection agnecy or similar?

• 5 months later...

Just thought I'd close this one up with what happened.

Payment made as expected, Credit Card cleared, Overdraft cleared, loan repaymnets made up to date, and I managed to get some rent paid up front!

On another note I also reclaimed £325 since on my Wife's HSBC, strangley enough, this was the amount she was overdrawn by as well!

So to all out there - don't give up and also don't forget about other things like credit cards and mortgages - I was lucky enough to spot a refund on my last mortgage of £500 (after my SAR) which never got to me 12 months ago!!